August 02, 2013

Top 3 Sparkly Black Pigments

Another post different to what I normally would do. I've been playing around the idea of doing 'best of' or 'top' posts which would essentially just be my personal favorite products that I've tried out myself and maybe it might influence a reader or two to check out a certain product. So I thought I'd start off with my favorite black pigments with sparkle. Why the sparkle? Because I am quite the magpie with my attraction to glitter. Since I don't own that many black pigments, I figured I'd limit it to three.

Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Zeitgeist
"Made to be played with. A metallic, high-shine, pure-colour powder that highlights eyes, cheeks and brows. Mix with eye shadow, blusher or use it on its own to intense effect. Bring out your bold side." - Illamasqua.com

So first up and my personal favorite is Illamasqua's Pure Pigment in Zeitgeist. I've reviewed my full collection in the past but this wasn't in there as I only bought this recently and fell in love with it. Why? you ask, because this is the truest and darkest black out of all of the pigments I've tried out yet. Illamasqua doesn't brag about it though, they simply describe it as a Dark Shimmer.

The pot costs £16.50. It's expensive and on top of that you get only 1.3g as well for this product (So the price per 10g is a whopping £119.23). That being said, this was just on sale recently for only £5 on the Illamasqua summer sale which definitely made it a bargain!

Concrete Minerals Mineral Shadow in Sabotage
"Black with pink sparkle and sheen. Not your ordinary black! This dark beauty is hiding bursts of hot pink in its depths!" - concreteminerals.com

Next up, we have indie brand Concrete Minerals with Sabotage. I have to admit it was a difficult choice between this or Black Metal which is simply black with silver sparkle but I definitely prefer Sabotage over it only because it's more unique with the pink sparkle. I'm not a fan of pink but pair it with black and apparently I'm a sucker for it. I'd like to imagine this is what Zeitgeist would look like if it was mixed with Illamasqua's pigment in Static.

This sells for a much more reasonable price of $7 on the Concrete Minerals official website, making it a little less than £5. If you're in the UK and dislike waiting a long time for your post, it is available on cutecosmetics.co.uk for £6. You get 1.5g of product as well which definitely makes it a cheaper alternative to Illamasqua.

Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow in Stella
"The blackest of jet blacks, bursting with rainbow diamond sparkle" - sugarpillshop.com

Last but not least, is Sugarpill's Stella. They advertise Stella as being the blackest of all blacks but when you compare it to Illamasqua's Zeitgeist, it is not as black in my opinion. So why is this still on my list? Because of all that sparkle. Stella is without a doubt the most shiny of them all. If you're looking for lots of sparkle, this is definitely the choice for you.

Sugarpill is without a doubt the most generous option out of them all with 5g of product selling for $12 (£8) at Sugarpill's official store. If you're in the UK though, love-makeup is currently selling their pigments for £6.50 as opposed to their usual price tag of £8.50.

I just thought I'd leave photos up of the three next to each other along with swatches so you could see the differences in packaging. You can see from the swatches that Zeitgeist really is the blackest one of the three and Concrete Minerals' Sabotage pink sparkle really is glorious.

Have you tried any of these? Do you have a favorite black pigment? Let me know below!

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely love illamasqua pigments, but I've steared away from the darker shades because I'm so scared. Zeitgeist does look beautiful though!

    Great post!

    caperepulchra.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dark colors, I tend to experiment but not really wear brighter shades.

      Delete