August 30, 2013

Carmex - Lip Balm That Works

After recently falling to the hype of Baby Lips and being left somewhat disappointed. I thought I'd try out this Carmex's lip balm that was given to me in the VintSetFest goodie bag last month. I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting much from this, especially because of the way it was packaged (there's something about yellow that I really tend to dislike) but the information on the pack persuaded me to give it a chance at the very least.

So here's a little history on the product. Alfred Woelbing was a sufferer of dry, chapped lips, so he invented this lip balm in the USA way back in the 1930s. The packaging claims that it has become one of the world's most loved lip balms and has over 130 sold every minute! The business is even still run by the Woelbing family today. It has also been awarded 1st place as 'Most Recommended by Pharmacist' in the states for over 10 years.

"Carmex's unique formula soothes, moisturises, and relieves-resulting in soft, healthy-looking lips. Carmex lip balm is now available in squeezable tubes and sticks in addiction to Alfred's original pots. Try it for yourself and experience why this award-winning lip balm is a favourite of celebrities and make-up artists all over the world!"

I have to say, I have not heard anyone ever talk about this, no makeup artists either. It's a real shame though because as someone who is eczema prone and has been suffering from ridiculously dry, flaked lips, this works amazingly well! The problem with a fair few balms out there is, they only give you temporary moisture and in the long run, dries out your lips even more.

This feels like toothpaste on your lips. As in, your lips get this awesome mint fresh cool sensation when you apply it. I was pretty surprised by this strange feeling when I applied it, I loved it but some others may not. The only thing that doesn't make this the best lip balm in the world is that if you have flakey lips, you will have to scrub the skin off but after that is done and after you've applied lip balm, you'll find your lips are generally kept soft and healthy.

I would most definitely recommend this. Ever since I've started using this, I've noticed it around much more. In obvious places like Boots and less obvious places such as Primark! It generally retails for under £3 so it's rather cheap. For a lip balm that works, the price is great!

Carmex balm is an excellent example of when you can't judge a book from it's cover and quality ultimately wins over.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Good to hear, I haven't heard many bloggers mention it which is a shame because it really does a good job :)

      Delete
  2. I love Carmex! I tend to switch between this and Blistex as they're the only lip balms that have ever worked for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Blistex, will definitely give it a try though :)

      Delete