July 29, 2013

Sugarpill Limited Edition Eyeshadow in @#$%!

In case you don't know, I am a huge fan of indie brand Sugarpill! They have recently released two different limited edition eyeshadows, Asteria and @#$%!, which have only been available at IMATs and a few other trade shows. Sadly, I wasn't able to attend IMATs this year but I'm hoping to buy myself an early bird ticket for next year. Anyway, thankfully, love-makeup, had a few limited edition shadows left over after the London IMAT show, so I went out of the way to grab this beautiful shadow that has easily become my ultimate favorite red shadow.
I would not say this is a must have. Red is such an uncommon color, the only red shadows I own are from Sugarpill too strangely enough. Not only is it uncommon but it can be quite hard to work into a makeup look, it's much easier for theatrical, artsy makeup though which is what I hope to use this with. So, if you're just a casual makeup wearer, this isn't a must have there are definitely some easier colors to work with out there.

"An exclusive release just for you! Available only to our most dedicated friends. This limited edition color features the same rich pigmentation and velvety texture you love about Sugarpill products."

If you haven't tried any Sugarpill pressed shadows before, I highly recommend them! They're super pigmented and sell for a reasonable price. Their bold color range is definitely not for the tame! A single shadow retails for $12, alternatively, you can buy a palette with four shadows for $34 on their website. For any UK folk who can't be bothered waiting too long for their orders to arrive, I recommend you check out love-makeup who currently have a sale on their Sugarpill pressed and loose eyeshadows! 

It's less obvious in natural lighting, but you can tell that @#$%! is much more vibrant than Love+ in the flash photo with some added sparkle. I really do like this shimmer finish and hope that we'll be seeing more shimmer finish pressed powders from Sugarpill in their upcoming collection releasing at the end of this month. Which is just a few days away now! The formula on this seems to make it so easy to apply compared to their usual matte finishes. I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing what they come up with next!

Have you tried out indie brand Sugarpill? What do you think of their bright and bold products?

No comments:

Post a Comment