July 28, 2013

LUSH Oatifix Face Mask Review

So last year I decided to try out three different Lush face masks, (Love LettuceCosmetic Warrior & Brazened Honey) I carried on with two of them because they suited my skin. However, last month I decided to purchase Oatifix as it was meant to be hydrating, my skin had dried up a fair bit over the rough winter and I had never really done anything about it. Why? Because it was the first time I was in the UK during a hardcore British winter and I had no idea how important it was to moisturise in winter.

"A mask for dry skin.


Bananas are a very rich oily fruit - so are perfect for a mask that is trying to get goodness into dry skin. Also in here is illipe butter to moisturise the skin and leave it supple. Oatmeal, ground almonds and kaolin bind the ingredients and act as a very gentle scrub to lift dead skin away and leave the face looking brighter. A soft fragrance based on vanilla absolute finishes off this nourishing mask." - lush.co.uk

First Impressions:
First thing I noticed with this was that the tub was actually full to the brim! The above photo was after a fair few applications, in retrospect, I probably should have taken a photo when I first opened it up. So what else? It has a lovely faint vanilla scent. I also found it rather difficult to apply, it's rather clumpy and I'd imagine it to be even harder if your skin was even drier. However, overtime, I found I got used to it and it became easier to apply each time. After my first use, I also noticed that aside from leaving my skin smooth as the other masks have done in the past, this mask left my skin feeling extra oily. So I wouldn't recommend this for those of you with an oily T-zone.

Ingredients
Oatifix as you may guess, contains fine oatmeal, to soothe and relieve skin irritations, bananas, that work as an emollient and moisturiser, almonds, for a gentle exfoliate, kaolin, which works as a mild cleanser, vanilla pods, for the scent, sandalwood oil, to coat the skin with a protective layer and illipe butter to soften skin.

Pricing
These retail:
1. in the US for $6.95 (£4.5).
2. in the UK for £5.95 ($9.2). 

Would I buy again?
Not immediately but during a harsh winter, most definitely. My skin tends to be much more oily and seems to have healed up completely from the winter damage. If you're a fellow eczema sufferer, don't expect this to fix it and see a GP so he can prescribe you something much more suitable. I admit, I did also buy this because I avoided the GP like the plague (the irony) but it has all thankfully been sorted out and I couldn't be happier. Overall, it is a great moisturising face mask and is simultaneously great for scrubbing the black heads away.

5 comments:

  1. I didn't like this, I literally couldn't get it off!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I read that you didn't get along with it, different masks for different skin types I guess :)

      Delete
  2. I need to try some more Lush things!
    Good post:-)

    zofia xo
    (http://littlemisspradaxo.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've only tried out their facemasks really tbh :)

      Delete
  3. This mask agreed with my skin like you said, there are quite a few applications in the jar!

    ReplyDelete