July 30, 2013

Jasmine Inspired Makeup

It's been a long time since I've posted up a look of the day post. The truth is, I had been dealing with severe dry skin around my eyes, which turned out to be eczema, and it just made it impossible to apply makeup on at all. Thankfully my skin seems to have completely healed finally! So after a 2 months+ hiatus on makeup looks, I've been relearning how to apply makeup. My earlier works have been super sloppy but I've been improving. Anyway, I thought that after posting up some swatches of the Sephora Jasmine palette last month, that I should finally start do some looks using the palette. Hence, today's look is a Jasmine inspired one using the Sephora palette. 

I actually ended up not using any eyeshadow primer for this but I used NYX's Jumbo Pencil in Milk and Urban Decay's 24/7 pencil in Deep End as bases. With the former smudged on the lid and the latter on the bottom lid. I was half tempted to wear gold earrings and a gold headband with this look as it seemed like the kind of makeup I would be able to get away with if I were dressing up as her for a cosplay or Halloween. Since the eye makeup was super colorful, I thought I'd go somewhat neutral on the cheeks, so I went for the Golden Sands bronzer from the palette rather than the dusty pink Thrilling Chase blush. I'll probably end up doing two more makeup looks using shadows from this palette, one neutral one and one Sunset inspired one most likely. So look out for those in the upcoming weeks! 

Products Used
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
Sephora Jasmine Storylook Palette
- Blue Oasis, Friend Like Me, Lapis, Sand in the Glass shadows
- Golden Sands Blusher
Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Deep End
Lime Crime Uniliners in Quill & Rhyme
Illamasqua Sophie Pencil
YSL Mascara
Smooch Cosmetics lipstick in Naughty
NYX HD studio powder in Honey Beige
Vitage cosmetics Spiced Coffee Eye Color
Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in No 9

3 comments:

  1. Aww your eye make up is so pretty!i used to dress up as princess jasmine for fancy dress parties when I was a little kid..this just reminded me:)

    ReplyDelete