July 03, 2013

Emerald Green Makeup

Hey guys! So a while ago Pantone declared emerald green to be the color of 2013, at the time of the announcement, I honestly didn't care. I'm generally a fan of blues and purples, but I've found myself being drawn to more green products lately. I'll admit partially due to the fact that I'm considering getting a Poison Ivy cosplay sorted for a future expo. I'll be honest though, in terms of clothing, emerald doesn't appeal to me at all, but maybe I'll feel differently towards the end of the year and then my fashion sense will just be outdated knowing my luck. I've given 5 recommendation for lip products, eye products and nail polishes.

LIPS

1. Lime Crime Candyfuture Collection Lipstick in Serpentina £11.50 - This is the only brand that I could find that had a shade like this in lipstick form. Sadly, Serpentina is a seasonal shade and will be re available in October.

2. Lime Crime Carousel Gloss in Hollygram £11.50 - Or £10 on the site I linked, I get the impression it's not especially opaque and a dark lipstick as a base would help. I'm pretty sure it's meant to be paired with Serpentina to complete the look with the glossy finish.

3. Barry M Touch of Magic Lip Paint £4.50 - This is a great option for those who want the fun of applying a green lipstick but don't want the actual green color. The Alkali levels of your lips determines how pink the color ends up, hence why it's referred to 'magic'.

4. OCC cosmetics in Power Plant £12.00 - Out of all glosses in this, this is probably the sheerest of the three. I can't really say much more about it though as I haven't tried anything by OCC but hopefully will one day.

5. Illamasqua Sheer Lip Gloss in Violate £7.50 - The original retail price for this is £14.00 but luckily enough, it's been put up on the summer sale. Even though it's part of the sheer lip gloss collection, I imagine it to be quite thick judging from my experience with other Illamasqua sheer glosses.

EYES
1. NYX Jumbo Pencil in Sparkle Green £5 - Sadly, these Jumbo Pencils are quite pricey here in the UK, I'm hoping one day we'll be able to get these for a more reasonable price. However, it is a cheaper alternative to another pencil on this list. This shade is one of the newer shades added to their range.

2. Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in #22 Emerald Green £17.95 - These cream colours are waterproof and can be used as eyeshadow, liner, blush or lip colour! Essentially, if you wanted to go for only one thing on this whole list, you could probably stop reading any further and just go ahead and buy this.

3. Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Electric £14 - I suppose this is a cheat, this is probably the lightest shade of emerald on here. If you're looking for a sparkly eyeliner that'll last a while, this is your best bet.

4. Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Midori £6.50 - Original retail price is £8.50. If you're looking for a gorgeous, pigmented green eyeshadow, I would highly recommend Midori from Sugarpill, it is relatively cheaper compared to high end brands that charge £14 for a single shadow and has more product.

5. Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencil in Clinic £14 - I love Urban Decay's 24/7 pencils, they really are super  high quality and last ages. Clinic is also a super gorgeous color, I honestly can't emphasize this enough. 

NAILS
1. Beautifully Disney Nail Polish in Ocean Mist £5.00 - Yet another cheat item, I just love the way this looks on my nails and how shiny it is. It will probably be my favorite nail varnish for the year. It's probably too light to be considered emerald but owell. Sadly, I can't give a direct link to the item because it's currently sold out due to the entire beautiful disney line being 50% off.

2. Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Viridian £7.50 - Again, this is also in the Illamasqua summer sale and the original retail price is 14.50, it's described as a peacock green on the site.

3. Models Own Nail Varnish in Emerald City £5.00 - This is a more legit glittery green nail polish. The polish  would probably be quite difficult to remove I'd imagine.

4. Nails Inc Bling it On Emerald Nail Set £18.00 - Nails Inc launched this set because because Emerald was declared 2013's color of the year. It contains the shade Victoria Street, a pot of emerald glitter, an application tray and a brush for applying.

5. Sinful Colors Nail Varnish in Envy £1.99 - The cheapest option, Sinful colors has recently hit boots stores in the UK. The closest emerald option out of their whole collection.

So that's that, did the emerald fad get to you when it first started? Recently maybe? Or not at all?

4 comments:

  1. Emerald green is such a gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really appreciated it until lately :)

      Delete
  2. I think emerald green is pretty, but I haven't purchased any emerald green products. I do own Sugarpill's Midori though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, me neither as I said it's growing on me and I've made a huge list of things to try lol but will probably only be getting select stuff XD

      Delete