July 06, 2013

Beautifuly Disney Enchanted Kiss Palette Review

So back in May, I made an order at the Disneystore to try out their new makeup brand, Beautifully Disney. Unfortunately, the Enchanted Kiss palette arrived in pieces so I got in contact with customer services asap and I finally received my replacement now in July. 

The Beautifully Disney collection has two palettes, one dedicated to the villains, the other to the princesses. I ended up choosing this one because a few reviews hinted that the villains palette had a few duds. Hence why I ended up with this one, also I figured, I don't really own much neutral shadows in general so why not? The palette has four shades, sadly, they haven't given them interesting names and have just named them eyeshadow 1, 2, 3 & 4. What's worse? They haven't seemed to have even placed them in a logical order either. Shade 1 is on the bottom left, shade two is on the top left, 3 on the bottom right and 4 on the top right. I'm not hating, but it's rather clumsy of them to do. The palette itself is rather thin compared to my Sugarpill palettes and mirror-less. 

In terms of eyeshadow quality, I was expecting the shadows to not show up at all without the help of a primer but was pleasantly surprised and thought they were rather pigmented. I think out of all four shades, number 2 (pink) would have been a dud. When you use a primer though, the color comes out much better. My favorite shade out of everything here is definitely number 4 with a primer, I just love how nice and dark it comes out. All in all, these four shades aren't special or out there shades and do surprisingly well, which is expected as this is meant to be a makeup brand for adults. I confess though that I genuinely expected it to be rubbish but have clearly been proven wrong. For £12, it's definitely a decent buy.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, they do look fairly pigmented! I like the pinky/peachy colour the best I think. I am trying not to buy anymore eyeshadows because I just seem to stockpile them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I understand what you mean, I'm 'trying' to do the same but am failing miserably xD

      Delete
  2. Love the palette, where did you get the disney makeup? Done a bit googling but can't find it :(

    - Rhix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Beautifully Disney range has been on 50% off on the disney site: http://www.disneystore.co.uk/beautifully-disney/mn/1338505/ it looks like most of the stuff is sold out though >.< Keep checking back on the website though / contact disney to ask when they'll be back in stock :)

      Delete
  3. This looks really cute! I love Disney. I'll need to get myself one, but I'll be sure to use a primer with it! How did I not know about this?! xox

    www.thestylekhaleesi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's well known, they aren't in stock in disney stores but they're in park stores. Also I only found out by chance as I was wondering why don't Disney make their own makeup line? XD

      Delete