June 17, 2013

Storage Solutions Update - DIY Nail Rack

Hey guys! Just wanted to add a quick mini storage update. I know back in March I put up some photos of how I'd mostly been keeping my makeup on a shelf since I had moved yet again. As you can see in the before picture below, my nail polishes were beginning to take over my makeup shelf and were kind of just taking up place that my makeup that was hidden away in my drawers could have been kept. So I thought I'd finally sort out the problem by inserting a small nail rack.

As you can see above, there was a whole bunch of overhead space on my shelves so I figured why not add in a nail rack below the above shelf to make some room. Thankfully le partner came handy and pretty much did all of the work after we had discussed it. There's enough space to fill in 2 rows of polishes, since most of my polishes are Illamasqua's I thought I'd throw the random ones behind, along with the excess Illamasqua pieces and then filled up the front row.

For those of you wondering, the nail rack is D.I.Y and so wasn't in some sort of pre packaged box to buy. The wood was definitely the most expensive bit as we wanted it to blend with the rest of the shelf. The nail rack is essentially a length of flat wood that's been put up underneath another shelf. It's also had a tiny long curved piece of wood stuck to the outside of it to act as a mini barrier to prevent the polishes from toppling over, hence why you cant see the bottom of the polishes in the photos above. I'm hoping I've explained it well enough for people to understand.

I am hoping that I'll now be able to get much more use out of my 120 BH cosmetics palette as it's pretty much just been hidden away since I purchased it. Eitherway, it's beginning to look like my lipsticks will be taking over soon and I'm definitely hoping to find some way to neatly store my palettes. Problem with the palettes though is that they're all sort of spontaneously different sizes so they'll definitely be more tricky to deal with. If anyone has any decent storage tips with different sized palettes and lipsticks do share. :)

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. All of them? good luck, it took me a looooong time to do it myself.

      Delete
  2. This looks so lovely and neat! love all the shades that you have, brilliant collection!
    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you XD We'll see how long the neatness lasts xD

      Delete
  3. This looks great. I love how you have your nailvarnishes in colour order!
    You may have given me an idea, I'm currently looking for some storage ideas. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear it's helped inspire you for storage solutions ^^ Glad it was a useful post. And yeah, I think I'm too OCD to leave them in some random order xD

      Delete