June 12, 2013

Nail Art - Jade Victorian Silhouettes

It's been a while since I've done any nail art posts. As I've recently purchased a fair few nail art related items, I thought I'd rectify this immediately. As a massive Illamasqua fan, I do try and space out posts related to them but I really wanted to try out one of my new purchases from them. I've also recently bought 2 new ones due to their recent online offer of buy one get one 50% off so that's now 3 nail polishes I'm eager to wear soon. Anyway today's nail art is also brought to you by Happy Nails UK, a small company that really stood out to me at last month's Beauty UK event.


The detailing on my nails are just stickers which is super easy to apply. However, I really REALLY struggled pulling out the stickers off their original packaging and even manged to destroy one or two of them. I read the packaging and it advised you use tweezers to pull them off but I fount it impossible to do this without destroying the stickers. I had to pick off the stickers with my nails as delicately as possible without ripping it off but it wasn't always successful. I was also kinda gutted that it only had one sheet, and one that was tiny at that. I'll make sure to put up a review on all the Happy Nails UK stuff once I've used them all up.

All in all, I really like the final look on these nails. I have enough stickers left over to do at least another manicure. I think I'll definitely redo these on a lighter, pale pastel type color to give it a softer look.

The shade I have used is Illamasqua's nail varnish in Nomad.

3 comments:


  1. I love this! I especially love the pastel green underneath so that already made me a little biased to the stick on but on the mini picture (The one you get on blogger from blogs you've followed) I honestly thought you'd got this done at a nail salon and was going to see if I could figure out a way to replicate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't really put up any manicures up that weren't done by me lol. You can easily do this yourself I think, only issue is that the company that I bought this from is small and don't really have much of an online presence sadly.

      Delete
  2. The nail polish color i like very much.

    ReplyDelete