June 10, 2013

Illamasqua Lipsticks in Test & Climax

Hey guys! So in last month's collective haul post, you may have noticed I had bought two Illamasqua lipsticks. The shades I bought were Test and Climax (naughty name I know). These two shades aren't especially exciting colors to be honest but are great everyday shades nonetheless. Test was my first Illamasqua lipstick I had ever bought and even though I ended up buying different shades over time, Test definitely ended up being my ultimate go-to shade. 


"Let your lips speak volumes. Indulge in colour-intense lipstick with a highly pigmented formula, available in a choice of flawless finishes, from creamy matte to iridescent finishes. Illamasqua Lipstick glides on smoothly and doesn't give up without a fight for the perfect all-night pout. A must have for professional make-up artists, and those who want to make a statement." - Illamasqua.com


Test is a soft pink chocolate with a matte finish

As I said earlier, this was my first lipstick from Illamasqua and I not only finished the whole tube but felt the need to rebuy when I was done with it. I recall the first time I bought this shade, I didn't actually know the name of the color and thought I had come home with an actual tester lipstick that was meant to be on the stands.

Climax is a dusty rose pink with a matte finish

I recall trying to purchase this shade at an Illamasqua counter several times but found that they were out of stock so often. Even whilst checking online, I found that the shade was still out of stock (the few times that I did check). So during the 50% off online sale at Illamasqua a short while ago, I noticed this was in stock! So I quickly made an order for myself. Although these formulas are generally on the drier side, I found Climax to be harder/slightly drier to apply than Test directly using the sticks. When I used a lip brush I had virtually no issues and found it applied better.


Personally, I find I prefer drier formulas to moisturising products when it comes to lip products (think Lime Crime's Velvetines & Illamasqua Lipsticks) as they aren't sticky and are long lasting. I find these lipsticks tend to last for 6/7 hours easily. However, I'm well aware that my preference isn't a popular opinion. If you're doubtful, I'd recommend trying out their lipstick at a counter near yourself as usually the counter folks are really friendly. (I say this as someone who's visited several ones around the UK.)

You can buy a single Illamasqua lipstick which has 4g of product for £16.50, however Illamasqua gives you 10% off from your 3rd order onwards from their site which breaks it down to £14.85.

Protip: Applying the lipstick with a lip brush is much easier than just applying straight away. Throughout the day/night, just retouch with the sitck if necessary.

6 comments:

  1. Climax is a gorgeous colour. I have never tried any Illamasqua products but the constant reviews on blogger are tempting me like crazy.

    Salli
    xxx

    www.embracingtheenechanted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know that feeling, reading so many blogs and product reviews always tempt me to buy ALL the things.

      Delete
  2. Climax looks absolutely stunning. We do not get Illamasqua in South Africa. I am actually doing a blog post on them tomorrow :) x

    Amina ∞ Oh Just One More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Don't they at least ship to South Africa?

      Delete
  3. I love the look of Test reminds me of a cheaper version by Look Beauty :)

    www.gvadlln.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely an underrated color in my opinion. I haven't tried much from Look Beauty though.

      Delete