June 28, 2013

Collective June Haul

Hey guys! So instead of making a haul post each time I buy something new, I thought I'd just make a collective haul post by the end of each month instead, depending on how much stuff I got that is. I just want to add, I don't include any PR samples in this, all of this is stuff I've bought from my own wallet. I'm also curious to know how you feel about haul posts? As I generally like them if there are more products in them rather than just a few things personally. I hear there are some that dislike them entirely though.

I actually purchased this Sephora Jasmine Storylook palette towards the end of last month but only received it at the start of this month. I've already put up swatches but have yet to put up looks yet as the skin around my eyes haven't been behaving. It's improving but want it fixed before I begin slapping on makeup again. It's a gorgeous palette and hopefully, I'll be getting my hands on the upcoming Ariel one soon too.

So I finally took the plunge and bought myself a pair of  Lime Crime candyfuture lipsticks having been pleasantly surprised by their Velvetines matte liquid lipstick. The shades are Coquette (nude) and the Styletto (black). Depending on how well I get along with these, I'll probably look into getting some more. There are a whole bunch of other colors I'm looking forward to trying, mostly cosmopop, babette (once it releases), chinchilla, great pink planet and poisonberry. I'm quite curious as to how mint to be would work, along with d'lilac and serpentina but I think I may only buy those shades when there's a sale on or something as I doubt they're colors I'd get much use out of. Their red and pink shades although more wearable, interest me a lot less.

 Oh Illamasqua, I keep trying to not buy more things from you but you keep putting up random offers online. This month, they had a buy one nail polish, get the second one at 50% off, considering how expensive their nail polishes are, I thought I'd go ahead and buy both of their raindrops polishes to see if they are as pretty as people make them out to be.

This month, I managed to find a way to get Lime Crime nail polishes shipped to the UK. I held off buying this for a while but noticed their stock decreasing everyday on ebay. So, eventually I quickly bought all of them and they are lovely. The ebay listing is gone as they completely sold out but there is this Canadian polish site that have recently had them in stock if you're interested.

I thought I'd throw all these circular items together xD

So first off, I bought this Enkore Make Up Pro Brush Soap in Jasmine during the cocktail cosmetics summer sale. It's basically a soap that's meant to make brush cleaning super easy. I won't be rushing to review this as I want to make sure I don't get any adverse reaction to the soap over time or find the quality of my brush deteriorates over time. All I can say for now though is that it smells lovely.

I also picked up a NYX HD grinding powder during the cocktail cosmetics sale. It's not a particularly exciting item and I still don't understand why powders are so expensive.

Last but not least, as I've been having dryish skin, I've bought a different LUSH face mask then I'm used to, the oatifix face mask. I've used it a few times already but again, I'm not going to put up a review until I'm done with it but I have to say oh god, the smell, I genuinely want to eat it each time I put it on my face.

So after I took all of these photos, I had a trip down to London where I happened to bump into the Illamasqua store which had a select few items on sale!
The Sophie pencil wasn't on sale but I completely finished mine ages ago and my current Kohl eyeliner is almost finished. I figure this would work as a great lip liner too with my new black lipstick. The sale items I bought was a dark blue eyeshadow in never and a rubber nail polish in Faux Pas. Guess what else? The day after I bought these, Illamasqua decided to add more items to their sale. Argh.

So one last item here. I know this isn't a fashion blog but I couldn't resist? I bought this steampunk style corset during corsetsuk recent sale. I find myself no longer attracted to the more goth style corsets but the idea of going all victorian really appeals to me lately. So yeah, I just need a white frilly type blouse to wear under this and I think I'll be ready to head out for a steampunk night sometime this coming month. I am definitely looking forward to steampunking it up.

5 comments:

  1. I love haul posts! :)

    That oat mask from Lush did not work for my skin at all. It made no difference and it just made my skin feel feel.

    Amina ∞ Oh Just One More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think certain face masks are better suited for specific skin and you have to chose the right one for yourself. Hopefully it'll be alright with myself ^^

      Delete
  2. Wow... so many nice colors!!

    You have a nice blog, would you like to follow each other on bloglovin? You can take a look into my blog and let me know!

    www.gwyiyomistyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oat Fix definitely worked for me and smelled so good!! Like banana bread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I definitely noted the smell, it was delicious! I was so tempted to nom it! ^^

      Delete