June 24, 2013

4 Blogs that Began My Makeup Addiction

Since I've been blogging for over a year, I just thought it would be nice to share a few blogs that began my makeup addiction. This list was originally meant to have 5 blogs but in all honesty, there were only 4 blogs I regularly visited and was obsessed with when I began reading blogs. Before we begin though, here's a little background on myself: I was not one of those children who played with her mum's makeup, the closest I got to this was just organising my mum's makeup without touching any of the product itself. I was quite the tomboy as a kid. Eventually puberty hit me and I had all of the acne scars on my face forcing me to enter the world of makeup. My makeup routine was pretty simple, foundation, powder, brows, simple eyeliner and boring gloss/balm. So after years of just applying the same face, one summer after my first year of university,  I somehow stumbled across a website... 

Marlena from Makeup Geek
Makeupgeek.com, this website without a doubt gets full credit for making me experiment with makeup. The majority of the looks on her site are wearable ones too which was super handy. Her website has things from makeup tutorials, to product reviews and even a forum where you can chat with other makeupgeeks. I used to lurk around a fair amount on the forums but they haven't been as active as before. Marlena has started her own makeup line too which I've been lucky enough to try out and have bought some for myself. Her online store also sells select items from brands like NYX, Sugarpill and others. Marlena has also recently set up a more health and fashion type blog called Simply Marlena.

Kassie from Unique-Desire
Kassie was part of the makeup geek forums and would regularly post there and I really liked all of her makeup looks that she would put up. Out of all four of these blogs, Kassie's blog was the one that I would check on a daily basis for some reason. I blatantly had a mild obsession with her. She's done a whole bunch of makeup series from Sailor Moon, to Disney Princesses and even Harry Potter! She gained a fair amount of popularity that she eventually ended up doing a whole bunch of tutorial videos on Youtube.

Jangsara from Makeup Your Jangsara
Jangsara is a Finnish blogger, that to be honest, I'd be surprised if many of you haven't heard of her before. She does so many crazy, beautiful and inspiring work. I love her wigs, her false lashes and how she pairs it all so well with her makeup. Guess what else? She frequently does step by step tutorials on how she did a lot of her makeup looks. Although she has a lot of artistic and very out there makeup, she does sometimes put up the occasional wearable look too. I find she's not as active on her blog as much as before but she does update her facebook page a lot more if you're interested.

Meredith Jessica of Pigments and Palettes
Meredith Jessica is a Canadian blogger and (I'm guessing) self taught makeup enthusiast who instantly caught my eye as she began blogging with a Game of Thrones inspired series. She later on began incorporating Pantone's colors of the year into her makeup. She also did a cool no-princess Disney club makeup series, which was dedicated to the girls who weren't popular enough to be part of Disney's princess brand. She's lately been doing more fashion based posts where she also pairs her outfit really well with her makeup. If you're interested in actually copying any of her looks, do check out her Youtube channel.

Well that's that, hope you guys enjoy and more importantly do check out each of these sites as if it weren't for these 4 lovely ladies, I would never have began blogging. Have you maybe heard of these ladies before? Would love to hear your thoughts below!

6 comments:

  1. Pigments and palette is amazing! You can always find insertion on Merideths blog :)

    Amina ∞ Oh Just One More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean inspiration? Took me a while to figure that out lol xD & yup, I totally agree. I also love how she had a artist/blogger of the month feature as it linked me to other great makeup artists :)

      Delete
  2. I love makeup geek! Marlena was one of the first people to inspire me to play around with makeup more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, she was definitely THE woman that I can safely say brought about my makeup addiction.

      Delete
  3. I was already deeply obsessed with makeup when I started following her, but Marlena is definitely an inspiration. Not just for makeup, but her whole story. She shows such dedication and follow-through, it's amazing and really rare to see

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree entirely with everything you said XD I hope to one day meet her to thank her XD I hope her makeup products do well :)

      Delete