May 23, 2013

Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencil Stash

The other day I was looking online at some makeup store and noticed this pack was being sold for £13, as a single one of Urban Decay's Shadow pencils retail for £14, I thought I'd buy it but managed to find a discount code and ended up having it delivered to me for £12.50 so needless to say being able to buy 5 of these for less than the price of one? Bargain! This set originally released in September 2011 and is discontinued by Urban Decay but if you search online you can still find these on amazon, ebay or other online retail stores usually for the price of £16, I believe the set originally sold for £30 but I could be wrong.

The original shadow pencils contain 2.8g of product, these pencils contain 2.5g of product, and the original pencils also have a different silver cap as opposed to the transparent ones in the set but nonetheless, it's essentially the same product. I have purchased the full size Delinquent in the past but the formula has become all dried up over time and I probably left it near heat for too long on top of it all so I was quite happy to renew it. These are quite multi purpose, you can use them as a base, as an eyeliner or just all over the lid as an eye shadow. I'll put up an look of the day using most of these colors some time in the future. 

Colors from Left to Right are Delinquent, Rehab, Juju, Sin and Clash

Delinquent is a dark purple with bright purple sparkle
Rehab is a shiny taupe
JuJu is a lighter taupe
Sin is a beautiful champagne color
Clash is a bright turquoise with silver sparkles

What I like about the collection is the fact that you get some nice safe colors along with a few more daring shades. Out of all of these, Juju is the only exclusive shade in this collection, the rest you can buy individually in their full size. Sin is great to use as a highlighter shade and in the inner corners of your eyes. The only change I would make to this set is that they had added Clinic as I just think it's a gorgeous emerald green color and I don't want to fork out the extra cash to pay for it but I probably will anyway just because it's so pretty.

If you haven't heard already, Urban Decay's 24/7 pencils are generally quite high quality. The shadow range is especially great as I find they're more durable than the normal sized pencils. These don't crease, are long lasting, are super pigmented and don't budge once applied.

Have you tried any of Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliners or shadow pencils?

11 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I remember hearing about them when they came out but ive ever tried them.. i'd quite like to give them a whirl now though i think! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you can get the set for a lot cheaper now, why not? XD

      Delete
  2. These look amazing! I remember hearing about them when they came out but ive ever tried them.. i'd quite like to give them a whirl now though i think! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so beautiful! I want to try these because I think delinquent and clash would looks so pretty as a pop of color on the lower lashline! I have not tried the shadow pencils yet, but I really love urban decays eyeliners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they do really stand out and are super easy to apply for a small pop of color ^^

      Delete
  4. The purple and blue look amazing! I've been debating whether to get these shadow pencils, so tempted!
    I have a couple of the eye pencils in junkie and yeyo. Great colours but I need to use a primer otherwise it smudges on me T_T
    Great post.
    Kay.
    www.baninibeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled the colors, I recently bought deep end from the new collection & I own lust too, which is a pretty purple that is now discontinued sadly T.T xD Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous colors, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you should really pick up the full set for yourself XD

      Delete
  6. These are sooo pretty!You stumbled upon a great bargain here :)

    Salli
    xxx

    www.embracingtheenchanted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete