May 21, 2013

Sleek Makeup Limited Edition Mardis Gras Lip4 Palette


This month Sleek released six different lip palettes on their site, the second they released, I made my order.

"A celebration of colour and vibrancy, Mardis Gras is a carnival confetti collection of electric purple, coral red and shocking pinks with shades in Rio, Carnival, Firework and Masquerade." - Sleekmakeup.com

The brush they give is pretty tiny, but good enough for when you decide to just throw this into your bag. I personally used my own lip brush as it's just longer and easier to handle but despite how small in length the brush is, it's still as thick as my own lip brush. The packaging is cute and...sleek (pardon the pun). I don't need to exert extra effort to open it so there won't be any future cases of me throwing or dropping the palette into the wall or floor which is always handy. The only thing I don't like about this is how messy the wet lipstick formulas can be after you use the palette, the drier ones don't seem to be quite as messy.

Colors from left to right: Carnival, Rio, Masquerade & Firework

Carnival is a cool purple, also described as electric purple.
Rio is a deep yet bright pink.
Masquerade looks rather red but kind of coral, the brand definitely did well in describing it as coral red.
Firework is a light pink and

I adore the range of shades in this palette. I love the possibilities, you can mix in shades with each other or even try and create some form of lip art, I know I'll end up trying some at some point. Personally, I found that the dryer colors lasted longer while Rio and Firework didn't last especially long. As someone who wears a lot of dry lipstick and doesn't really apply any gloss I was intimidated by Rio and Firework, bright colors and pale colors terrify me but I always like getting out of my comfort zone. After all,  I really like the purple shade and do plan on somehow making the most of it. I also adore the coral red shade of Masquerade.


Each of these retail for £8.99, if you order through the sleek makeup website, they are currently offering 50% off any set of false lashes when you order a lip 4 palette. There are 6 different ones in total, this one is limited edition they justify this as 'afterall, Mardis Gras only happens once a year', Havana is an online exclusive whilst the other four are available in Superdrug, who currently have a 3 for 2 offer.

Have you tried out any of Sleek Makeup's new lip 4 palettes? Tempted by them at all?

5 comments:


  1. These are so gorgeous, I'd never even heard about this so thanks for the review! I adore Masquerade especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, twas one of my favorite colors ^^

      Delete
  2. NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lmao xD I expect to see some swatches of you in this soon :P

      Delete
    2. I bought different ones to you, I couldn't find this in store but I'll instagram a photo later!

      Delete