May 02, 2013

Macadamia Natural Oil

Firsts things first, for those of you who haven't yet heard I'm giving away a Sugarpill palette of your choice! For more details refer to this post. Moving on... So, over a week ago, I attended the BrumBloggerMeet and received a whole bunch of goodies! I thought it was about time I start writing up my thoughts on some of these products, today's brand is Macadamia Natural Oil.

I was surprised to find that the brand has quite a few products in their range. I was given samples of their Deep Repair Masque and their Healing Oil Treatment.

Healing Oil Treatment

"The Healing Oil Treatment is a daily therapeutic oil perfect for all hair types and is especially beneficial to dry, damaged hair." - Macadamia Natural Oil

It provides intense nourisment, smoothing and a long lasting, tangle-free, frizz-free finish, leaving the hair ultra-smooth, manageable and shiny. When you apply this to your hair you get instant absorption as the oil is light-weight you're left with a non-greasy feel. It also provides natural UV protection and reduces drying time by 40-50%. The brand also claims that it is shown to extend the life of color treatments as it reduces fading. I also love the way both products smell.

There are three ways to apply Macadamia's Natural Oil
1. Rubbing a bit on your palms and running your hands through your hair
2. Dousing your hair with it and then shampooing & conditioning it off
3. Adding a bit into your hair masque

The second way is the way I've been raised to apply hair oil, numbers 1 & 3 are how the brand recommends you apply it. Personally, I think I prefer option 1.

Deep Repair Hair Masque

"Macadamia Deep Repair Masque is a revitalizing hair reconstructor for dry, damaged hair. A combination of macadamia oil and argon oil along with tea tree oil, chamomile oil, aloe and algae extracts rejuvenate and rebuild the hair, leaving the hair deeply nourished for improving elasticity and shine with long-lasting conditioning benefits." - Macadamia Natural Oil

I was curious to see just how well these two products work together, so I took a before and after photo!

The Before photo was taken after shampooing and conditioning one day and letting my hair dry off naturally. This is my natural hair when I don't use any straighteners or curlers etc. It's rather wild.

The After photo was taken on another day when I shampoo'd and conditioned with the same products but added in the Macadamia Deep Repair Masque with a little bit of the Healing Oil Treatment mixed in. It definitely kept it's moisture for a lot longer and it most definitely turned out a lot tamer.

Overall: I really like both of these products, I still have a fair amount of hair oil treatment left but I'm definitely ordering myself a nice big tub of their deep repair hair masque.

Find Me On Facebook | Add Me On Twitter

8 comments:

  1. Hey there! Here from the Blog Hop! Just wanted to let you know I'm following you via bloglovin'! I'm also following via your social networks. IHope you'll get a chance to visit me :o) You can find me here:

    Blog url
    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    Bloglovin'
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3718883

    Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cropped-Stories/615495055132216

    Twitter
    https://twitter.com/croppedstories

    Google+
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/102758509830977850235/posts

    Pinterest
    http://pinterest.com/croppedstories/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, shall get around to this ^^

      Delete
  2. New follower from the TGIF blog hop!

    www.lukerfamilytales.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, I shall return the favor!

      Delete
  3. I love the masque! I got the big tub from TK Maxx at a very reasonable price. One of the best treatments I have ever tried.

    Salli
    xxx

    www.embracingtheenchanted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I must make my way there and look around for one D: I really want a big tub for myself at a cheap price ^^ Thanks for the tip :)

      Delete