May 20, 2013

Game of Thrones Makeup Series - House Tyrell

So last week's episode was written by George R R Martin, although I found it incredibly interesting seeing a lot more of Jaimie Lannister and Brienne of Tarth, their relationship has really humanised Jamie, I can't help but wish the two ended up together at some point, though I doubt that would happen. I was kind of disappointed by the lack of epicness in the episode as a whole though, especially as it was written by the author. Ygritte is apparently quite fond of saying the phrase you know nothing John Snow. Seeing Ygritte swoon over a windmill and general lack of knowledge amused me lots, she's quite feisty. The Baratheon bastard finally finds out he is Robert Baratheon's son. Arya get's taken by the hound. 


We haven't especially seen a lot from the Tyrell's this week but I have found Margaery Tyrell's scene quite interesting and her grandmother, Lady Olenna Redwyne, is quite amusing too. I do love the variety of strong female characters in game of thrones, from children, to pretty women, to mothers and even grandmothers who aren't afraid to call others out on their nonsense. Small fun fact, the actress who plays Margaery Tyrell, who is meant to be roughly 16, is in her 30s, almost double her age!


Green and gold, not a color combination I'm particularly fond of. I thought I'd try out the 'snowglobe' eyeshadow look. For a first attempt I think it's alright, but could be so much better. I suppose it doesn't help that I really don't like the color combination to begin with. I've given it a half-arsed attempt but I'm fond of the technique in general and will definitely retry this but with a color combination I'd like.

Products Used

Urban Decay Primer Potion
Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Midori and Tako
Sugarpill loose eyeshadow in Goldilux
Urban Decay eyeshadow in Loaded
Lime Crime Uniliner in Quill
Smoock Cosmetics lipstick in Naughty
Illamasqua  Powdered Metal in Thalia


Find Me On Facebook | Add Me On Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment