May 25, 2013

DupeAlert: Maybelline Polka Dots & L'oreal Confetti


I made a similar dupe post sometime last year on a pair of Benefit and Sleek Makeup eyebrow products. I've recently come across Maybelline New York's Polka Dots polish and thought it looked awfully similar to L'oreal Paris' Confetti top coat polish and thought it was time for another dupe alert post. To my loyal readers, the confetti polish is the polish I used in my I'mperfection inspired nails.

So let's play a game, can you guess which polish is which? You have a 50-50 chance of guessing correctly.
The one on the left is Maybelline's Polka Dots and the one on the right is L'Oreal's Confetti. They do look pretty similar and their tiny differences aren't made apparent until you actually apply them. As you can see below Polka dots has some finer pieces in it than Confetti. Also if you want full coverage you only need to apply one coat with Polka dots.


So which one should you go for?

Honestly? I would of personally gone for Maybelline's as you pay less money and end up getting more product. Maybelline's Polka Dot retails for £2.99 while L'oreal's confetti retails for £4.99. You get 7mls of polish with Polka Dots but only 5ml with L'oreal. Considering how confetti is often out of stock in many places, Polka dot could be a decent alternative for you. L'oreal apparently owns the Maybelline brand too. Also I felt as though it was a more effective top coat than L'oreals confetti. In terms of pure aesthetics though, I do quite like the slim shape of the confetti bottle. All in all, it's not a big deal, as they are both pretty cheap with only a £2 difference.

Find Me On Facebook | Add Me On Twitter

5 comments:

  1. I love how these nail polishes look with the light blue underneath! I'm going to pick up some nail polishes from maybelline soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it gives it a mint chocolate chip effect in the end :P

      Delete
  2. I bought the Maybelline one in blue and green - I haven't had a chance to wear them yet though as I bought so many polishes at once! I kind of wish I'd bought the black and white one now, it looks so cute x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wel at leas they aren't always sold out, you can always go back and get one xD Would love to see your swatches of the blue and green ones :)

      Delete
  3. Very useful camparison!

    http://iiv-mortisha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete