May 30, 2013

Big Collective May Haul

So this month I picked up a fair few things and instead of just making several posts throughout the month about each mini haul I received, I thought I'd just put up a post with everything I picked up together. A collective May haul. You can see everything I've bought in the picture above. I've divided them all into 4 categories, Eyes/Face, Lips, Nails & Nail Art. It's a rather word heavy post, I hope some of you actually take the time to read rather than just stare at the pretty pictures :P

 1. Beautifully Disney Enchanted Kiss Palette - I made a mention of this in my top 10 products i'm lusting after post and only received it today. I was extremely gutted to find it had broken during transit. I've e-mailed and sent in an e-mail to Disney about this today but have yet to hear if they'll replace it or not yet. Hopefully they will and I can post up swatches soon.

2. Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencils Stash - I've always loved the quality of Urban Decay's 24/7 pencils, they are super long lasting and come in beautiful colors. However they are expensive at 14 quid each, luckily I managed to find this bargain and got 5 of them for less than the price of one!

3. Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Deep End - As I mentioned above, these are super high quality! Urban Decay has recently also released a new selection of 40 pencils. Deep End was the color that instantly stuck out to me. I haven't put up any photos or anything yet but they will come. The color is gorgeous!

4. NYX Powder Blusher in Desert Rose - My only face/cheek product, I picked this up during the BeautyUK event and have yet to try it out. NYX's blushers are constantly raved about so I do look forward to finally being able to test this out.

 Out of all of the 4 groups, I've definitely already written up a fair few posts on these. I've listed these products from Left to Right. If you can't tell, I've placed most of the products next to their packaging.

1. Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial - I don't own a lot of drugstore makeup, mostly as I began getting into makeup roughly 3 years ago and I began my collection with sorta mid-end range of makeup. I've picked this up because I wanted to see what the hype was about. My verdict, I do like it but I don't love it and have my issues with it. Look out for a full review and post on it in the coming month.

2. Lime Crime Velvetines in Red Velvet - Yet another purchase I bought on a whim to see if it was worth the hype. You can read up my thoughts and check out swatches of it here. TL;DR: I love it. I genuinely think it's awesome, I've been wearing red on my lips a lot more lately because of it.

3 & 4. Illamasqua lipstick in Test and Climax - These two colors are probably pretty boring shades compared to the rest of the shades in the Illamasqua collection. Climax is a shade I picked up during the Illamasqua 50% off sale as it's a color that's often out of stock so I wanted to try it out. Test was my very first lipstick I ever bought myself. I've completely finished my stick though so thought I'd finally restock it. No post up yet on it but look for one soon.

5. Art Deco Dita Von Teese lipstick in Bon Bon - I picked this up randomly as it was on sale on the Debenhams website and because I've been interested in trying out some orange lips. I've dont a first impressions post that you can check out here.

6. Sleek Lip 4 Palette in Limited Edition Mardis Gras - This released this month along with 5 other lip quads. I really liked (most) of the colors in this palette, I had to instantly pick this one because it had purple and it was limited edition. I've posted up some swatches for those who are interested.

 There are 11 different polishes here, but I'll group them and talk about them by brand! As you may have noticed, green is apparently my new favorite color as 6 out of 11 of these are all green(ish)! I honestly don't know what came over me this last month but it's interesting to just look at my own spending habits I guess.

1. Illamasqua polishes in Geist, Omen, Nomad and Prosperity - I love Illamasqua polishes, I've swatched my full collection in the past but may at the end of this year have to put up a second post with all of my new Illamasqua polishes to show some of the more recent colors I've added to my collection. Geist & Omen are part of the new Paranormal collection, Nomad is a bright jade polish from the Human Fundamentalism collection but I've only recently picked it up. Prosperity is such a beautiful shade of purple from their rubber finish collection. If you're not sure about the finish on these you can always just add a top coat for that gloss finish. I haven't posted up any photos of these two but they'll be up one day, probably in some form of nail art.

2. Sinful Polishes in Kissy, Nail Junkie, Call You Later & Queen of Beauty - I know Sinful Polishes are super popular in the states but I believe they've only recently launched in the UK. I'm not 100% sure on this so feel free to correct me on that.They are super cheap at only 1.99 pounds each at Boots. I've yet to try these out yet as I haven't been repainting my nails often enough.

3. Maybelline New York polish in Polka Dots - I admit, I picked this up originally to compare it to L'oreal's confetti but also because I thought in my head it would be an exact dupe of Lynderella's sticks and stones. Turned out it was nothing like it when I went back to compare. It is probably the only impulse buy in here that i looked back on and thought...why did I bother with this when I already have something so similar? Here's my dupe alert post comparing the similarities and differences of the two.

4. Konad black nail polish - Pretty straight forward, I picked up some nail art wheels at the konad stand at a trade show event and needed a polish that would work well with the stamping wheels. I went for black as I figured it would be the best option out of all the colors.

5. Beautifully Disney nail polish in Ocean Mist - Even though I already bought tons of green polishes this month, I decided to go for this polish as it has Ariel on it, I really don't know why I do this to myself. The words "But who cares...no big deal...I want MOAR" come to mind. Whenever Sephora comes out with their Ariel collection, I know I'll be rushing to buy their palette ASAP. I don't know why Ariel has this effect on me and so many other women X_x

I'll keep this section pretty short and sweet as I've kind of gone through these already in the BeautyUK trade show post. During the event, I basically stopped by the Konad stall and bought me some nail art wheels so I can make some cute new manicures. There was another stall during the event that caught my eye, HappyNailsUK, who had loads of beautiful items for people to glam up their nails including nail wraps, nail stickers, water decals and nail embellishments.

So that's everything I've picked up this month in one big post. I can imagine it looks like a lot but if it means anything, I've been picking these up slowly throughout the month and some things I ordered a while ago but they only arrived some time this month for lord knows what reason.

Did any of these items stick out to you? Have you tried any of these already? Let me know below!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know right? It's been bashed so hard that two of the shadows are cracked X_x

      Delete
  2. That broken palette makes me sad :( I hate when something breaks in transit. I hope they send you a replacement!

    http://skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see what happens, I'm sure to update/rant if they don't xD

      Delete
  3. You got an awesome deal on those urban decay shadow pencils, and that eyeliner looks great too! I'll have to check out the new shades. And I hope you can get in contact with disney soon. I have heard/seen a lot of great things about that palette.

    http://eyeshadoweyeliner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Deep End is a really pretty color X_x I love it. We'll see what happens, they said they'd reply to me in 48 hours so we'll see soon >.<

      Delete
  4. Great choice on the LIme Crime Red Velvet - I just love it!!! Laura xxx A Scottish Lass ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely, as I've said it's resparked my love for red lips ^^

      Delete
  5. I aboslutely Love the whole of the Eyes/Face section! ETahnkyou so much for alerting me to the fact Disney Store now does beauty items! :)
    And i seriously want to try Lime Crime cosmetics!
    Brilliant post :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but I think you can only buy the stuff online...I'm not really sure though, I could be wrong. Let me know if you find out X_x
      I haven't tried much from Lime Crime, but I definitely want to try out some more things. ^^

      Delete