May 11, 2013

Benefit Fakeup Review


Yet another review of another product I received at the BrumBloggerMeet, this was from the Benefit goodie bag I was given and one of their newest products too.

"Our NEW hydrating crease-control concealer instantly hides dark circles & minimises fine lines for silky smooth coverage!" - Benefit Press Release

Can I start off with saying that I love Benefit's packaging on their products. I especially love how it's dressed in a lipstick tube, it makes it so easy to use and I can just carry it everywhere with me.

So what makes this concealer so special?
The hydrating factor and the design of the product. As you can see from the above photos it has a hydrating ring and the inner core of the bullet contains the concealer. The hydrating ring contains vitamin E & apple seed extract for instant moisturising whilst the concealer hides dark circles, smooths skin and diffuses light. To top it all off, the finished look is long lasting and is proven to keep the skin hydrated for up to six hours.

Is all of this true? 
From personal experience yes! Most definitely. I've also been suffering from some sever dry under eyes, I'm talking flaky skin, it really is awful but I've been able to smooth it all out with this. However, I've been applying it differently than the directions have told me to only because good lord my eyes are in terrible condition though thankfully improving over time. I apply it sort of sideways first so that only the hydrating bit slides all over my eyes, then I follow the directions where I just sort of dab the stick underneath my eyes and then gently pat outwards to blend it.

Will I rebuy? It really depends on how long I get through my stick, I feel like I'm going through it super fast but I'm definitely packing on extra product because of my dryness. The concealer isn't cheap but I hope to repurchase as long as the product lasts long enough.

Benefit's Fakeup comes in three shades, light, medium and dark. You can purchase one for £18.50

PS I feel like there's a lot that I'm obliged to review and it's kind of hindered my look of the day posts. I'll hopefully begin rectifying that frame of mind shortly as it's not like I've been paid for any of this to begin with. 

10 comments:

  1. AGreed the packaging is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeedy xD Same goes for a lot of their other products ^^

      Delete

  2. The pacakaging of this product really caught my eye last time I was at the airport makeup stands, sadly I had to walk on by since there was a rather real risk of me missing my flight but I am gutted I didn't pick it up after this review!

    I love your blog by the way, I'm adding you to follow :)

    I'm having a MAC lipstick of choice giveaway over at my blog if you fancy popping over and entering over at : http://haul-oholic.blogspot.no/

    Toodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've entered the giveaway :) Shame you couldn't pick it up at the airport, maybe some place that sells it will have a sale shortly so you can pick it up? XD

      Delete
  3. i've had mixed feelings about benefit's concealers before - i love erase paste but bo-ing just didn't work for me. i'm intrigued by the idea of this being moisturising though, and as you said the packaging is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried all of their concealers before, that being said this is solely for the eye area and not in other places I believe, so not sure how it'd go. :)

      Delete
  4. I love Fake Up, use it every day :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it on all days I wear makeup xD >Ever since I first tried it. :)

      Delete
  5. I have this too. It really does what it says on the tin! The only thing that covers up my oh-so-dark circles.

    Thanks for sending me your blog address over twitter.

    Following now :)

    Stop over mine when you get the chance.

    Salli
    xxx

    www.embracingtheenchanted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries & yeah I was genuinely impressed that it wasn't overselling itself, it does what it says XD

      Delete