April 03, 2013

Scrabble Nail Art


I rarely get an idea for nails and instantly do them, normally I just write them down somewhere and say I'll do it later at some point as I'd be enjoying whatever manicure I was currently sporting. Today however, I had a simple enough idea and thought yup, I think I'll try it out. I honestly don't know how it came about though, I think I was trying to figure out what I thought about Scrabble jewelry or something then thought why not just paint it on.

At first I thought I'd just leave my thumb as a bank square piece that do exist in game but then I changed my mind and did a random paw print symbol. I figure there'd be a loose connection to the Mreow in my blog name. Even though it seems like a rather werewolf-y paw print.


The base color I used was a creamy white shade, even though it may seem completely white due to white balancing in the above photos. As it is a light color and as I applied really thin layers, for true opaqueness I had to apply 3 coats. I don't own the game so I just googled Scrabble letters for their scores. This was done freehand so it's far from perfect, I did wipe off a nail and reapply the polish quite a few times until I eventually just settled. Now I say freehand but I did use a special nail art pen that I had mentioned in an earlier post from Inglot cosmetics which does make the process much easier. At some point, I'm definitely going to invest in a few more nail art pens as they come in pretty handy. 

Products Used
Illamasqua's nail varnish in Load
Inglot's black nail art pen, number 36 
Illamasqua's Nail Top Coat

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Glad it didn't throw people off xD

      Delete
  2. wow , look nice, I like it.
    Nan
    www.blognet.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! My daughter just painted my name on my nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'd love to see pictures!

      Delete
  4. This is a fun idea. I'm visiting from Thumping Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Cool post!
    Much love,
    Wengie
    www.wengie.com"
    "Really enjoyed my stay here on your blog <3

    ReplyDelete