April 19, 2013

Makeup Geek Colorful Eyeshadow Swatches

Last month I reviewed my Makeup Geek eye shadow starter kit and posted up not one but two them. I've finally gotten around to putting up some of the other shadows. Just to clarify, yes Corrupt is in both sets that's cause I first bought this one then was given the other one as part of the eyeshadow starter kit. 

These are old shadows, I've had them for a while so they aren't in great condition in the photos. The photos are pretty accurate to color except Poolside and Appletini look much brighter in their pan. 

"These are all highly-pigmented 
Half the price of MAC shadows without sacrificing quality
This kit is for the eyeshadow pans only 
These pans can be placed in empty palettes (Mac or Z-Palettes)
With a separate palette, you can build your own custom palettes
All our shadows are cruelty-free
These eyeshadows are Talc and Paraben-Free
We ship worldwide at affordable rates"
- MakeupGeek.com

Colors from left to right
Razzleberry Corrupt Bitten Duchess Wisteria Unicorn Neptune Poolside Peacock Appletini Sea Mist  Envy

The top row of swatches in each photo is without a primer. As you can see, investing in an eyeshadow primer is really worth it! Otherwise, you'll struggle with wearing these for sure!

In terms of pigmentation, it amazes me how bright Razzleberry looks, especially on top of a white shadow base. I found Neptune to be a bit disappointing as I expected it to be a lot brighter but I think it may work well with a white base. My favorite shades are Unicorn, Peacock, Sea Mist and Envy.

Razzleberry - Bright Orange with flecks of gold
Corrupt - Intense Matte Black with a very subtle sparkle
Bitten - Matte Deep Maroon Red
Duchess - Matte Cool Purple
Wisteria - Matte Pale Purple
Unicorn - Shimmery Blue Purple
Neptune - Matte Bright Blue
Poolside - Bright Shimmery Teal with flecks of gold
Peacock - Matte Deep Teal Blue
Appletini - Shimmery Apple Green with flecks of gold
Sea Mist - Shimmery Turquoise
Envy - Deep Metallic Green

Here are a few looks I've posted up where I've used some of these shadows
Sweetie Belle - Kingfisher Bird - Purple Brows - Tully

As I've used eight out of all 12 shadows in a look that I've posted up here, I'll make sure to put up 2 more looks for the remaining four shadows. One of them with Appletini and Envy along with others and the second one with Wisteria and Neptune.

A single pan costs $5.99 which is a little over £4.60. If you don't have a place to store the eyeshadow pans safely, there's the option of buying eyeshadow compacts for $7.99 which translates to roughly £5.30. Alternatively you can look into purchasing a Z-palette which you can also buy on the MakeupGeek store.

2 comments:

  1. Neptune is gorgeous. I have been looking for a matte cobalt blue eyeshadow for a while now. Thanks for the great review

    http://ohjustonemore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries & yeah it is a very pretty blue ^^

      Delete