April 27, 2013

LoveMakeup Store Haul

I haven't done this week's GoT look yet, I'm well aware of it. This week's look was going to be based on the Lannisters and I originally had a specific look in mind but then decided to scrap it completely as I had something else in mind instead, hence my current haul. Thought I'd pick up a few other things too. There's been a lack of posts lately as I've been overwhelmed by the BrumBloggerMeet goodies and I'm trying to slowly start using some of the skin stuff for a bit before I start writing up thoughts on them.

So first things first, I picked up these Paperself Lashes, who were one of the lovely companies who donated a few items to the BrumBloggerMeet I attended last week. Unfortunately, only a select few people ended up getting some of their lashes and I wasn't one of them. Ever since I saw Jennifer Lawrence's really simple eye makeup in the ending of the Hunger Games I've been meaning to pick myself my own pair of false paper eyelashes. The set I chose are peacock ones. I was really happy to find that there were two pairs of lashes in the set as it's a tiny one that's meant to be placed on the end of one's lashes as this comes with the price of £10. 

I noticed the love-makeup website were having a sale on Sugarpill's loose eyeshadows and single pan pressed eyeshadows, that combined with their spring discount code made me decide to go ahead and add to my current collection of loose eyeshadows which I adore. Afterparty is described as a vibrant metallic turquoise with intense sheen, it's a pretty blue. I've swatched it over NYX's Black Bean, Milk and Urban Decay's Primer Potion. It does alright on it's own too. I'm not surprised though as I already own 12 of their other loose eyeshadows and adore the quality. If you're in the UK you can order your own from the Love Makeup store as they are on sale for £7 quid. I purchased my order on Thursday and was surprised to receive mines today!

The only thing better than pretty packaging is pretty purple packaging. I've never bought any Lime Crime products although I've been meaning to for a long while, especially these Lime Crime uniliner liquid liners. When I opened these I was surprised by how heavy and thick they were. Obviously they don't weigh a ton or anything like that but I was expecting some really cheap plastic casing for the top cover of the uniliners, instead the purple casing is made of some form of metal I think. It just makes it more awesome. 

Rhyme & Reason are the gold and silver liners that were introduced in the end of last year. Blue Milk and Quill were part of the original collection. Rhyme & Reason are the only ones with shimmer whilst Blue Milk and Quill are more matte. The quick swatches were just one layer of each of them hence why they aren't all super opaque, all except Quill which is currently sold out on the Lime Crime website and damn I can see why. Dat Opaqueness. Mm mm mm.

4 comments:

  1. I have some full length Paperselfs if you ever want to do a look with them :) also, they did a collection with Bourjoir, so they might still be on the counters! I love the little ones though, so much more wearable than the long ones, I've cut them in half before x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may take you up on that offer potentially xD I don't really know what I'd do with the full length ones, I guess just experiment and see what works. I'll look into the Bourjoir ones at some point but cutting the long ones in half does genuinely sounds like a decent idea.

      Delete
  2. You got some nice products! I think lime crime has the best packaging for their products. Those eyeliners are very beautiful and I really like how quill looks. I may have to check that one out when it comes back in stock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quill is super opaque from the quick swatch, I'm not sure how durable the liners are but I'll find out in time I suppose. But yeah the packaging is pretty, I haven't thrown any of them out yet =x Are you tempted to get any of the colorful liners? :P

      Delete