April 05, 2013

LOTD: Unexpected Drama Queen

I recently reviewed Makeup Geek's eyeshadow starter kit and have posted a look using a few of their shades. I've finally gotten around to using the other shadows and actually taking photos this time. It's a simple smokey eye using Makeup Geek's Drama Queen eyeshadow. 


It's not an especially colorful look compared to my usual posts, I got more compliments on my hair than my makeup today. Looking at the two full shots now, I think I should have just worn black as I find the makeup compliments it better than the grey. I realise now that i forgot to apply mascara but to be honest, mascara just isn't something I wear on a daily basis, I find I go out of the way to apply it only on certain nights out or if I'm exclusively applying makeup for the blog.

Some of the looks I post here are intentionally 'unwearable' as they're considered unconventional but I don't casually wear those looks everyday. I'm tempted to start sub-labelling my makeup looks into wearable, colorful, neutral, makeup series etc. I just need to find an effective way to do that without creating too many random labels. I'll make sure to move on from these neutral Makeup Geek shadows and finally put up proper swatches of some of the colorful ones I bought many months ago. I'll make sure to put up solely colorful looks along with mixed ones.

The method to applying this look was pretty simple, it's a basic smokey eye. With darker colors on the bottom of the lid, lighter shades making their way out and blending, lots of blending. I hope to do some more pictutorials in time too for those who are interested.

Products Used

Makeup Geek eyeshadows in Drama Queen, Unexpected and Prom Night.
Revlon photoready powder in medium and dark
Illamasqua Eyebrow Cake
L'oreal Super Liner Gel Intenza Eyeliner
Sleek Makeup True Color Lipstick in Barely There
Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Ambition
Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in no 9

Find Me On Facebook | Add Me On Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Your eyes look FAB. I love dark smokey eyes... I can't pull it off this well, unfortunately. Stopping by from the Aloha Blog Hop, and I'd love for you to drop by and visit my blog if you get the chance. Have a great weekend! :)

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Cool post!
    Much love,
    Wengie
    www.wengie.com"
    "Loved this blog post <3

    ReplyDelete