April 08, 2013

Game of Thrones Makeup Series - House Stark

Another week, another makeup look based on Game of Thrones and more importantly another episode! Last week's episode was surprisingly dull, I think as someone who's caught up with the reading, I've began to prefer the original source material. Also, without giving any spoilers, I did find that a lot of the first episode was telling what had happened and there was very little showing. I've luckily managed to watch the 2nd episode, finally we get to see Arya! Oh there was also some Bran in there and though I usually find him rather dull, it's been much more interesting with the introduction of Jojen and Meera Reed. I was glad to see Brienne of Tarth return too. In honor of seeing one of my favorite character's I thought I'd dedicate this week's makeup look to House Stark!


So, House Stark, I think we all know their house slogan so I'm not going to get into any of that. The stark colors are pretty dull, with a black direwolf on a snow white field. I wasn't particularly expired to be honest, I did try out one look but decided to completely remove it without even taking picture. It was too dull and uninspired, the same way I felt about the look so I completely scrapped it and tried something different the next day. I thought I'd do a direwolf claw scratch across one of the eyes, instead of using white or red for blood, I just used silver for scratches. It turned out pretty cool even though I don't own fine enough brushes unfortunately. My main annoyance though was the poor lighting I dealt with today, I might have to do another look that's similar at some point with better lighting and maybe finer brushes.


This was a reasonably quick look to do, I just used NYX's Jumbo Pencil as a black base then applied black eyeshadow on the lid and added a wing and added some neutral colors above. Then I mixed in some sealing gel with Sugarpill's loose eyeshadow in Tiara (silver) and drew the lines across the eye. Next, I filled in my brows, then I applied the foundation and finished off with lipstick and gloss.

Products Used 
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean
Inglot Eyeshadow in AMC 62 and AMC Shine 11
Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow in Tiara
Illamasqua sealing gel
Illamasqua Precision Ink in Abyss
Sleek True Color Lipstick in Barely There
Guerlain Terracotta Gloss

8 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks, glad you liked it :D Yea, me too, it lasted all day I tell you, didn´t crease or anything :)
    I´m totally addicted now, it´s so funny to be able to make something myself^^ It´s very easy too!
    Rollergirl palette swatches coming up^^

    Ooooh, this is cool! I like the Starks ;-)) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone likes the starks xD Good to hear that they were quality shadows :P I look forward to swatches ^^

      Delete
  2. That's a dramatic look! Thanks for linking up for WW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Cool post!
    Much love,
    Wengie
    www.wengie.com"
    "Really enjoyed this post <3

    ReplyDelete