April 01, 2013

Game of Thrones Makeup Series - House Baratheon

I along with the rest of the world, am incredibly stoked for the new season of Game of Thrones. Since the final epsiode of season 2 I began reading the books and have made my way to a storm of swords. Unfortunately, as I'm in the UK, I still have yet to watch the first episode nor the conclusion to the Walking Dead, which annoys me slightly. For the few of you on my Facebook page, you would already know of my plans to release a makeup look based on a different house each week, at least until the third season ends. You would have also had a sneak preview of my House Baratheon makeup look.



The house sigil is a black stag on a field of gold, when Robert Batatheon ascended the Iron Throne a crown was added to denote the family's royal status. There have been alternate versions of this, one uniting the Baratheon with the Lannisters, a second to represent King Stannis, Baratheon of Dragonstone and a third green sigil for their youngest brother, King Renly who's alliance was with the Tyrells. I decided to just stick with the yellow and black look rather than turning it into a golden one. Having said that, To turn this into a wearable look, I'd definitely suggest using gold eyeshadow rather than yellow.


I'm sure the look is pretty obvious and there should be little to explain here. The eyeliner work represents the stag and the yellow eyeshadow, the 'golden' yellow field. The look was simple. The only real issue is I find yellow to be a really tricky color to deal with in general. Using NYX's Jumbo Pencil in Milk as a base along with Sugarpill's super pigmented shadows made the whole thing possible though.

I have no idea which house I'll work on next. I guess I'll just have to watch the first episode and do some reading until inspiration hits me.

Products Used
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
Sugarpill pressed shadow in Buttercupcake and Tako
Illamasqua Precision ink in Abyss
Illamasqua Eyebrow cake
Illamasqua powdered metal in Thalia
Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation No 9
Revlon Photoready Powder in medium/dark
Illamasqua Lipstick in Test

7 comments:

  1. Oh, this is a cool idea! I love Game of Thrones! Can´t wait for the new season ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it'd be a fun way to feed my fangirlism xD

      Delete
  2. Wow you even look good in bright yellow eye makeup!
    Thanks for linking up for WW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww bless, thanks for the compliment ^^

      Delete
  3. I love it! I am a huge Game of Thrones fan and I appreciate the stag-ness of the makeup =)

    Glad I found you through the Thumpin Thursdays Blog Hop! I love finding people with unconventional makeup ideas.

    Natashalh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, it's nice to have someone appreciate the fact that it's meant to be unconventional xD

      Delete
  4. Much love,
    Wengie
    www.wengie.com"
    "You have a cool blog!

    ReplyDelete