March 24, 2013

NOTD: I'mPerfection inspired

Today's nail art is inspired by the speckled eyeliner look from Illamasqua's latest collection called I'mperfection. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, you can take a look over here. I was hoping to pair up my nails with the speckled eyeliner makeup however, I'm trying to avoid makeup for now so my skin can get a decent breather from all of the products.
I genuinely love the way my nails turned out, I keep staring at my nails like a magpie. It was also really simple and easy to do as well. I generally tend to find myself appreciating any nail art that is relatively simple to do.

Aside from the base coat, all the products I used are in the above image. I've used Illamasqua's top coat as both my base and top coat. I've used Barry M's black polish for the tips of my nails and used L'oreal's confetti top coat for the black and white dots. I recently bought L'oreal's top coat in confetti but have actually just gotten around to using it. I'll put up a review once I've become much more acquainted with it.

Method
Apply your clear base coat
Line the tip of your nails with a black polish
Apply your second coat of black polish
Wait a minute or so for drying
Apply confetti top coat on the upper half of your nails
Apply a second layer for more dots
Apply a clear top coat 

So that's that, if anyone does ever try this out feel free to send me pictures, I'd love to see how it turns out!

11 comments:

  1. This looks great! I love the confetti top coat and am now going to have to pick one up. :)
    Have a lovely day!
    Danielle
    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The confetti polish is gorgeous ^^ Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love how you have used the confetti top coat here...I have been trying to get my hands on Confetti top coat ..but out if stock at most places...

    glittercloud.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I had the same issue too when it first released, I ended up buying mine from a Superdrug in a not so busy area which helped. ^^

      Delete
    2. thats a great tip...I will check in some other high streets next week...

      Delete
    3. No worries, glad I could help :)

      Delete
    4. I finally managed to get one....Have tried it over a couple of polishes and am loving it....

      Delete
    5. Awesome! I look forward to a blog post to see what you've done with it ^^

      Delete
  3. I love this! I will have to get he confetti top coat now. I am your newest follower from the Let's Get Social Sunday blog hop :)

    Justina @ http://justinawho.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

  4. Much love,
    Wengie
    www.wengie.com"
    "Keep up your posts :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello lovely! Thank you for giving me inspiration on the Facebook page today. I have tried this design for my nail challenge today :)

    http://missstylicious.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/31dc2013-day-3-yellow.html

    ReplyDelete