March 14, 2013

My Little Pony Makeup Series - Babs Seed

Back in December, I began a my little pony makeup series, (link). I've thus far only completed the cutie mark crusaders. Since there's recently been a new member to the cutie mark crusaders, I figure it's only fair that I create a look based on her, Babs Seed. 

I was stuck on ideas initially as I didn't particularly like the color scheme but then I noticed her green eyes and bam, inspiration. I think that this look is the first time I've somewhat pulled off a cut crease mildly successfully. I think with a little more practice i'll be able to perfect it soon.

Just a side note, I won't be actively making my little pony looks for a while but I'll probably randomly decide to do a few characters in a row, get bored, move on to something else, then come back and do some more, etc.

Method
After priming, I placed all of my neutral colors on my lid.
Next I drew a pink line with various pink shades. Starting with the lighter tones, moving to the darker ones.
After blending, I added green shadow on my bottom lash. Then I lined my eyes and did my brows.
Done!

Products Used
Sugarpill eyeshadow in Acidberry
Makeup Geek eyeshadow in creme brulee
Illamasqua Precision Ink in Abyss
BH cosmetics 120 palette 1st edition
(bottom tray)

12 comments:

  1. Looks great! I've been thinking about doing the MLP tag as well, it just looks like so much fun. :)
    Have a nice day!
    Danielle
    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun playing with colorful colors :)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! Great job on this recreation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So where exactly would you wear this look? I am curious.

    Stopping by to say Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's light enough for me to wear it in the day time to be honest. As long as you're confident enough to wear it :)

      Delete
  4. This looks pretty cool. I used to love my little pony :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should refer you to my sister. She wants to use colors but something that doesn't make her look like a clown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it is possible, let me know if she likes it ^^

      Delete
  6. Ahhh your makeup is so pretty, I love how colourful it is and how you aren't afraid to play with colour! So lovely

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Much love,
    Wengie
    www.wengie.com"
    "Loving it <3

    ReplyDelete