March 12, 2013

Makeup Storage Solutions 2

Here's the second part of my recent storage solutions, you can find part one here. These storage boxes came in three different sizes, small, medium and large and are available from home bargains. I opted for the large and medium size boxes.
The large box I used to store a whole bunch of random items; jewelery, bangles, pendants, necklaces, rings, earrings, hair accessories, watches, my Illamasqua shadows and pure pigments along with a lush lip scrub and clinique eye cream. As you can see from the top right picture, you can take out some of the dividers to make a compartment slightly larger which is really handy and what I love about these boxes. However, you the partitions arent on every single side, they're only along the rows, so you can't make a huge square to store some wider bangles. I bought this large box at £2.49. 

As you can see, I've used this medium sized storage box to store makeup related items only as opposed to mixing in jewelery like the previous one. I've put all of my sugarpill loose eyeshadows, inglot gel eyeliners, Illamasqua sealing gels, some false lashes, lip balms, lipstick colors i dont use too often and other loose eye products. I removed most of the partitions in this one to make more room for all of my pigments. Instead of storing just 3 of my sugarpill loose eyeshadow pigments in one column, it can now fit 5 of them instead. 

The one main flaw I have with the range is that the bottom of the compartments have a curve to them instead of just being square, which makes things just slightly more annoying for storing some things away. You can buy the medium box for £1.49 at home bargains.

I tend to leave the medium box on my shelf with the rest of my makeup whilst the larger one I store away in a drawer to keep it out of the way.

So that's all for now but as the collection will eventually grow some more, expect to see some future makeup solution posts. If you want to see some more of my previous storage methods, check out my uni setup and my home setup.

7 comments:

  1. Hey... Just popping over and following on GFC from last week's Aloha Friday Hop. I would love for you to stop by my blog if you have time and if you like follow too. :) Hope you're having a great week. :)

    xoxo,
    Melissa
    thisgirlslifeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, i've returned the favor.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, brilliant idea =D
    Thanks for sharing hun

    Thank you so much for linking up with Friday Chaos.
    Be sure to come back again this week & let us know if you would like to co host

    Lotte xo
    http://www.bericebaby.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there. I'm Laney and a Newbie here. Hope you can come and follow me back! http://owltellyoulikeitislikeitornot.blogspot.com/

    fb: http://www.facebook.com/LaneysNightOwlVenting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love storage boxes :) I have a few from Ikea which are amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much love,
    Wengie
    www.wengie.com"
    "I really enjoyed the post!

    ReplyDelete