March 07, 2013

Blood Splatter Nails, Upcoming Facebook Page


I fancied doing some red nail art to match my clothes, so I decided to try out a bloody splatter look. It's pretty simple to do and I was able to do both hands reasonable well. It is a messy look and I did find cleanup of my right hand (pictured bottom right) difficult. 

Method
Paint your base color on (Scorch by Illamasqua)
Next, grab your red polish (Throb, also by Illamasqua) and pour it onto some paper. 
Then grab a straw and dip it onto the red polish. (Don't inhale for your own sake)
Then blow into the straw, really harshly, don't be soft. 
Repeat until desired coverage of blood. 
Finish!

There you have it! 

On a side note, I've started up a Facebook page. If you're a fan of my nails or makeup do like it. I don't think I'll be putting up photos of reviews. It should ideally focus on new looks. I will of course whore out the odd review post or two.It is also nifty as you could always receive updates on your facebook feed whenever something new is out. I'm a shy blogger in the sense that I don't talk to people I know about it X_x On the plus side you get a mini spoiler on the cover page on hair shenanigans. ^^

Thanks guys!

12 comments:

  1. This is a really cool nail look that I am most definitely going to have to try. Thanks for sharing and have a happy weekend!
    Danielle
    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them! You should defintiely post up your nails if you do try it out :)

      Delete
  2. Wow that is so cool! Visiting from Weekend Social Mix Blog Hop ^^

    Gabs(BeautyMadness)
    http://beautymadn3ss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, I'll return the favor. ^^

      Delete
  3. Those look so cool! And they sound pretty easy to do too. Thanks for sharing.

    http://heidiswanderings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem and they really are easy to do! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Wow that is absolutely gorgeous! I never heard of that trick before or heard of blood spattered nails, I love it.

    Jen xx
    jentea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, gorgeous isn't what I'd expect it to be called. Glad you liked it though xD

      Delete
  5. Hi, we found your blog through the blog hop, and we really fell in love with your nail art :)

    This one especially looks so effortlessly gorgeous!

    We're following you on GFC now! :)

    xx,
    Sam

    http://samantha--ashley.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful nails. Found you via Friday Blog Hop. Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Much love,
    Wengie
    www.wengie.com"
    "lovely post <3

    ReplyDelete