February 18, 2013

Sleek MakeUP True Colour Lipstick Review

As I've recently finished my go to everyday lipstick and as Sleek Makeup have released 10 new shades of lipstick recently, I decided to go and buy some Sleek True Colour lipsticks for myself. Turns out, neither of the three shades I bought were from the new collection though.


Prices
These retail for £4.99 at superdrug or on their website. It's a much cheaper price than what I'm used to paying (over £15 for a single tube). So I figured I'd pay the same price for three shades of lipstick. I personally bought my lipsticks in store as I prefer looking at my products before purchase. However, I don't think they stock the whole collection in store so you'd be better off buying the products online. 

Packaging
It's quite basic, nothing particularly exciting nor extravagant, considering how this is a drugstore brand though, I'm not surprised. The packaging is definitely shorter and smaller than what I'm used to.

Product
"Awaken your makeup with a True Colour Lipstick. Get high impact lips with our vitamin E enriched lipstick in a selection of matte and sheen finishes." - SleekMakeup.com


I own few lipsticks, most of them are rather dry ones and matte. This lipstick though is highly moisturising and contains Vitamin E which gives added protection to your lips. Sleek MakeUP have recently released several new shades and have a decent range of flamboyant colors but look elsewhere if you're looking for a range of nude colors. They have purples, oranges, reds, pinks and peaches. The finishes come in either matte or sheer. The three lipsticks I bought are all sheer finishes. Despite the name, the sheer finish is still super pigmented.


Durability - The three lipsticks aren't as long lasting as I'm used to. I'd estimate one application to last roughly 2 or 3 hours at most. I found Fuschia to be the most durable as it would leave a bit of a lip stain effect. I think you'll find you'll have to reapply some lipstick after a meal as mines disappeared almost instantly after. I'm not sure whether it'll be the same case with a matte finish though.


Overall
I'm quite pleased with my purchases. Despite them not being super durable, they're moisturizing, highly pigmented and cheap. With a range of bright flamboyant colored lipsticks, I'll definitely be trying out some new shades soon.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup :) Et oui je voudrais acheter tous les couleurs XD

      Delete
  2. Following now from the blog hop. Lovely colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would totally rock the Fuchsia (or try). Awesome blog lovely.

    Sara x Found/following from the hop
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha (or try XD) Yeah i understand :P It's definitely something I look forward to making a decent look out of :3

      Delete