February 21, 2013

Barry M Swatches


"Every shade you could ever wish for in a high shine, long lasting formula." - BarryM.com

I purchased my first barry M polish when I was low on cash and was looking for a cheap alternative to my usual expensive love of Illamasqua varnishes as I was looking for some colors that I knew I wouldnt apply often but wanted for nail art. A single bottle contains 10ml of varnish and can be bought at £2.99 online at the barryM store or alternatively you'll find that superdrug do random offers on these varnishes often and currently are selling most of the regular colors with an offer of 2 for £5.


Colors are from left to right
(Numbers on left are superdrug, right ones are numbers at official barryM store)
134 yellow 129
296 coral 139
262 bright red 202
302 Fuschia 149
295 Turquoise 144
38 Mushroom 310
47 Black 141

Although they claim it to be a longlasting formula, I personally find their varnish to begin chipping a few days later however, I find this is due my extremely hot showers which tend to wear them down. Also I find 2 coats are usually good enough for attaining perfect color pigmentation. They don't take especially long to dry (10/15 mins max) either and the brush works well for an even application. They do their job and haven't failed me whenever I needed them for any nail art. My favorite colors are definitely Turquoise and Fuschia. Overall, I definitely would reccomend these for those on a budget or for those who don't want to spend too much money on a nail varnish color that they aren't sure they'd use more than a few times.

9 comments:

  1. Nice print nail polishes, perfect for spring and summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed even though I've had these for a while.

      Delete
  2. Pretty colours!!!

    ✿Witha✿
    Visiting from www.withapinkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that turquoise shade! I am your newest follower from Aloha Fridays!

    I also host a beauty bloggers blog hop every weekend if you want to participate :)

    Jessi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, turquoise is definitely the one I wear the most out of these :)

      Delete

  4. Hey love what's your email so I can get back to you about CSS etc? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The turquoise is GORGEOUS. Love it for spring! Stopping by from the Aloha Blog Hop :) I'd love for you to to visit my blog if you get the chance. Have a wonderful weekend!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much love,
    Wengie
    www.wengie.com"
    ":)

    ReplyDelete