February 28, 2013

Aqua Violet - Models Own - Beetlejuice collection

I had a makeup look I was hoping to post but I didn't get the time to take pics, so instead today I give you another nail related post!

I came across ModelsOwn polishes for the first time when I bumped into a stall they had set up in a Westfields mall in London. (It's now shaped as a polish bottle). At the time, I didn't purchase anything but whilst in boots the other day I noticed a 2 for £8. This specific polish is part of the Beetlejuice collection.

"Featuring a selection of colours each consisting of four pearlescent tones mixed into one shade with shimmer to create a chrome-like finish." - boots.com

"Duo-chrome shades in a range of hues" - modelsownit.com


Availability
These aren't in many retail places, they're only available in some boots stores not all of them and then they don't necessarily have all of the available colors at boots. They do have the odd mini stall in certain malls. The best choice would be to try checking out the models own website.

Prices
A single bottle of polish normal costs £5 (a single bottle contains 14ml). Boots currently has an offer of 2 for £8. Alternatively, the models own website lets you buy 3 for £12 or 5 for £18. There are also specific box collections containing 6 polishes that they sell for £20. There are 9 shades in the beetlejuice collection while the mini collection contains 3 (retails for £8). Neither of these gift packs contain this color, so I didn't bother buying them and sadly boots don't stock any of the other colors I was looking for from this collection.

Performance
On the first coat I temporarily freaked out as it was really thin and transparent but as you move along and place additional coats, it improves each time. I settled for three coats in the end but think it may have needed a fourth one. Thankfully though, it does dry up somewhat quickly. I love the duo-chrome finish, it may not show as well in these pictures but the colors keep changing between blue and purple and I find myself staring at my shiny nails for quite a while in decent lighting. 

14 comments:

  1. I love your edit on this Mish! I don't think I've ever seen this colour, it's cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The color is pretteh. Also yeah I've just been experimenting in an effort in trying to make the overall post somewhat neater than before. It's a bit of effort though >.<

      Delete
  2. This color is gorgeous! Bummer that you have to apply so many coats to get a nice result though.

    I found your blog through the Aloha Blog Hop, and being that it's totally lovely, I'm following via GFC. I'd love it if you'd check my blog out as well!

    Have a nice weekend!

    Danielle

    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 coats was enough, I'm just used to thicker formulas in general. I'm not sure if other sets require this many coats.

      Delete
  3. I love this shade!!

    Gorgeous blog by the way! I found you through Jessi in Wonderland's bloghop!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretteh, thanks for stopping by :3

      Delete
  4. Ugh, I hate doing multiple coats! My nails take forever to dry as is :/

    Btw, found you via Aloha Blog Hope and Subbed :) I also have a beauty/makeup blog!

    http://aestheticabnormalities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this dries up somewhat fast though, in my opinion. Awesome, I'll make sure to stop by :3

      Delete
  5. Oh my, that's a gorgeous duochrome! But yeah, a bit of a pain that you need to apply so many coats!

    I found you through blog hop, and I'm following you now! Here's my blog if you'd like to take a look :) xo

    http://stephsbeautyboutique.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, I've returned the favor :P & now your 100th follower too :3

      Delete
  6. hi there...new follower here! discovered your blog through beauty blog hop...
    I love Model's Own polishes... Here's my post on Model's own bottle shop

    http://glittercloud.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/models-own-bottle-shop-at-westfield.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for linking up to my weekend Beauty Bloggers Blog Hop! Hope to see you there next weekend too <3

    Jessi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to thank you for joining the TAKE AWAY BLOG HOP! As a special prize I am offering everyone who joins this link-up FREE ad space. YES FREE AD SPACE. please email me for the details. YES IT IS FREE. mariexdxd@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Much love,
    Wengie
    www.wengie.com"
    "cool blog <3

    ReplyDelete