December 04, 2012

Sugarpill Burning Heart Palette Swatch Comparisons

A while ago I put up a few swatch comparisons for Sugarpill's Heart Breaker Palette, I thought I'd put up a few more for Sugarpill's Burning Heart Palette.

Buttercupcake and the yellow off of Sleek Makeups Ultra Mattes Palette seem like a decent dupe of each other and though Sugarpill's Buttercupcake is pricier, it's definitely worth it as the quality is significantly better and applies easier due to it's super pigmentation. 
I was surprised to find that orange isn't that rare a color with makeup. MakeupGeek's Razzleberry is a close enough dupe of Flamepoint and can be bought for nearly half the price at the MakeupGeek store. 
Red is a really rare color for eyeshadows, the only reds I owned were by Sugarpill, so I swatched up one of Illamasqua's medium pencil in Feisty as their medium pencils can be used anywhere on the face. It was much trickier to work with than a simple eyeshadow. 
Out of all of my purple shadows, Sugarpill's Poison Plum is my favorite and I haven't quite found one that is similar to it at all. I swatched Sugarpill's other purples so people could compare the shades with each other.

Overall, the colors from this palette are pretty rare, are super pigmented and are long lasting. The only 'problem' stems from the fact that they are rare colors for a reason and aren't 'everyday casual' kind of colors. You can buy this palette at the Sugarpill store.

For those who are interested, here are a few looks where I used colors from this palette:

Buttercupcake, Flamepoint & Love+
Judge Fire Look
Poison Plum
Alternative Catwoman Look
Buttercupcake & Flamepoint

19 comments:

  1. I have much love for my Burning Heart palette... such pretty colors. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very beautiful! Found you on the blog hop! New follower:)
    Brittney
    http://beautybybrittney02.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love sugarpill! i have a few of their eyeshadows, love them, super pigmented.

    new follower, follow back? :D
    http://www.theeclecticgrabbag.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty!
    Love all the colors!
    I'm a new follower of your lovely blog from the twitter, facebook, and blog hop. :)

    www.thislifesbeautifulmoments.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi. i'm following the blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. 200th follower! (exciting right? or is it weird that i get excited about things like that? ) - glad that i found your cute blog through the hop and excited to be your newest follower (stalker might be slightly more appropriate :P).
    Love,
    Elisabeth

    P.S. I'd love for you to drop by and say hi over at lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com when you get a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I never expected to have 200 followers :P Thank you and I have stopped by as well :3

      Delete
  7. They Hysteric purple is my favorite. Visiting today from Sincerely Paula's No Rules Weekend Blog Party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I found you through the blog hop :-) Those colours are awesome! I am your newest follower dear, feel free to visit my blog anytime :-)

    kisses Pakize (Keke)

    http://madamekeke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi! i found your blog through the blog hop! your blog is awesome! those eyeshadows are really nice!!

    im your newest follower!
    hope you can visit my blog n follow back =)

    elviemousse.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE Sugarpill because they have amazing color payoff but are cheaper than similar brands! I'm your newest follower. Come visit our Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you will!! It's a great and easy way to get followers to your lovely blog/website or to your Twitter/Facebook, etc...
    Link up your website and pages too! Aloha Friday Blog Hop {HERE}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow their all awesome! However I do like the purple the best on you :))

    Thanks for linking up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party!

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there! I'm Hanna. I found you through Tuesday's blog hop, I'm just really late:) I love making new friends!!! I am your newest follower via GFC. Happy Holidays! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    xooxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad I found this... I've been curious about Sugarpill for a while! Your blog is adorable and I am your newest follower. I was hoping that you'd stop by and follow back (if you'd like).

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    xoxo-
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omgosh I love sugarpill hysteric. Now you really make me want to buy one. Oh shoot. lol I should have seen your post during black friday because then i get like 30% off. Shoottt well next time. Anyway, I followed you from the blog hop. If you don't mind, pls kindly follow back? :) I would love to keep in touch. I love my beauty bloggers because I am one myself. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Flame point dupe is a difficult one makeup geeks is close enough thank you

    ReplyDelete