October 30, 2012

October Empties

We're approaching the end of yet another month and as per usual, I take a look at what products I've managed to use up this month:


1. Clinique take the day off makeup remover - I've recently stopped using makeup wipes as I figured they don't cleanse the skin as well as proper makeup remover. It's great and makes taking off all my heavy eye-makeup off an easy process, definitely a staple item.

2. LUSH Brazened Honey Face Mask - I've put up a review on this already, you can check it out here. It's a great face mask, especially as it addresses my skin problems. I will definitely be buying this again.

3. Clinique Super Balanced Powder No 6 - This was originally gifted to me by a relative. It was a strange gift to receive as it was powder of all things and it was two shades darker than the shade I usually wear. Despite that, I found that I actually preferred the darker shade to my original shade.

4. Illamasqua Liquid Eyeliner - As far as I'm aware, this used to be Illamasqua's only liquid liner product before they introduced their precision ink line. This is now discontinued though. I found the brush a little tricky to work with originally but soon after got to grips with it. 

5. Inglot Black Liquid Liner - My very first liquid liner, for a long time, it was probably 3/4s empty and I had simply bought another one and stuck to that without finishing off this one. 

6. Hypnose Drama Mascara by Lancome - I really did not like this mascara. As someone who's had little experience with mascaras this was a rather annoying product. The brush has a weird S-shape and you need to apply it in a very specific way. A way that I struggle with, so it really didn't suit me. It does give you good results though, again, only if you apply it well. 

7. Illamasqua Eye Brow Cake - I'm going to call this a pan hit rather than an empty. I hit the pan a while back but I've made the mistake of leaving it in my bathroom where it heated up too much. So when it came to applying, the product just broke. It's pretty decent though, I think I may experiment with other eyebrow products before repurchasing though.

Overall I knew I didn't really use up much this month but I was happy to find I've used up more than I originally thought.

8 comments:

  1. The Lush facemasks sound lovely, I feel as though my skin needs some extra love at the moment so I'll definitely be checking the out in store soon :) Great post x

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought Brazened Honey because of you the other day, I need to try it out but I used my sample of Cosmetic Warrior first, it smelt horrid! Bleugh :(

    http://pretty-in-pink-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that Lancome mascara but haven't used it yet. I'm kinda scared to now because I can be awkward applying mascara

    http://skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm really finding i love empties posts. I'm not a fan of clinique, but I have heard a ton about lush products. Awesome! ^___^

    The eye brow cake is confusing to me. I've never heard of a product like this o.o You can actually fix broken powder if that's all it is pretty easy. I'm not sure exactly what the product does, but if you'd like me to show you, let me know :)

    -Jae
    aleume.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photography skills are amazing:) New follower from the blog hop~

    xoxo-Laila

    http://townhousepalette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got Hypnose Drama too - I find that it tages ages to set!


    http://missandreascarlet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty awesome make up :O ~ uuhhh ... and love your photo <3

    http://girls-line.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love empties posts! Thanks for sharing!


    New follower, follow back?

    http://www.simplyblushed.com/

    ReplyDelete