October 23, 2012

LUSH Brazened Honey Face Mask Review


"A POWERHOUSE OF EFFECTIVE INGREDIENTS

Brazened Honey was inspired by traditional Indian ayurvedic principles, which put emphasis on balance as the foundation to health. Helen combined fresh free-range eggs and honey to soften, with astringent lime oil, antiseptic rosemary and exfoliating ground almonds. Kaolin reaches deep down into pores to pull out dirt and impurities, leaving your skin noticeably brighter and fresher. Our deepest cleansing mask, Brazened Honey is the perfect way to revive sluggish or congested skin." - lushusa.com
Good for? Eliminating dirt and excess oil and a deep cleansing exfoliator. 
First impressionsSince the previous face mask I was using didn't help with any of my black heads at all. I noticed such a huge difference with this mask. I've definitely been seeing my black heads disappear over the 2 weeks of application. Also, the smell was a vast improvement, I think the smell comes from the ginger root and the mixture of oils like rosemary. The scent does freshen up my face, in a get ready to wake up and get moving kinda way whereas Lush's Love Lettuce lavender scent is more relaxing. 

Does it work? Yes. Definitely. My opinion may be biased as I was using this right after my mehish experience with cosmetic warrior

Ingredients
 
Sage for warming, relaxing, toning and aphrodisiac effects. Free range eggs which contain vitamin A help maintain healthy skin by regulating natural sebum production. Honey a traditional acne remedy. Ground Almond Shells for exfoliation. Ginger root for its warming and antiseptic qualities. Parsley for its antioxident and anti-inflammatory qualities.

There are a whole bunch of other ingredients listed on the site, click here to check them out.

Price:
These retail:
1. in the US for $6.95 (£4.4, Dhs 25).
2. in the UK for £5.95 ($9.3, Dhs 35). 
3. 45 Dhs here in Dubai ($12.25, £7.8). 

Basically, if you're in the states, you're getting it at the cheapest price and if you're in Dubai, they're charging nearly twice the amount. However, I was happy to learn that you can still give in 5 tubs at the Lush stores here and get one for free.

Would I buy again? Yes. Definitely. I might actually like this more than Love Lettuce.

12 comments:

  1. I absolutely love all of their masks! I got hooked this year.

    New follower via the GFC blog hop. Stop by and say hello. :)

    Rachel
    http://www.postcardsfromrachel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I have never tried this mask before, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, if you do try out a face mask, just make sure you chose the right one for your skin.

      Delete
  3. Never tried anything from LUSH but this looks amazing!

    http://skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit I really like your Lush posts and your little price conversions. It's crazy how much they vary, why is Dubai so expensive? I'd love to see what it is in Oz (if they even have Lush) their cosmetics prices are MENTAL. I'm surprised you even get beauty bloggers over there, it's a miracle they can afford it!

    Hope you're well, are you coming back any time soon?

    http://pretty-in-pink-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd check Australia prices...but I'm scared I'll find out they'll be less expensive there XD I'll definitely visit at some point. The whole LDR is pretty tough so I should be around Brum before end of the academic yea. I can't say when yet though but when I know, you'll know too. :3

      Delete
  5. This is definitely one of my favorite masks! It makes my face feel cleansed, but not dried. :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Great review. I want to try this and other LUSH products!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clearly anything for "tired skins" is just what I need. =)

    Following ya now from the followers to friends hop...
    If you're up for it we're riding the wave of life at localsugarhawaii.com, ups and downs and round and rounds and I'd love it if you'd join me/ us.

    Aloha,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds so god..will gve this a try !
    www.makeupbeautylounge.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Newest follower here! I found you through the Tuesday blog hop! Cute blog, I can’t wait to read more!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. the more i'm following people, the more i'm realizing that blog feed websites do not work. @___@ I started using wordpress and I noticed quickly that it wouldn't updated everyone's posts all the time and would miss a couple O.o So i switched to bloglovin' and i'm noticing the same thing with bloglovin' but it's not as horrible as wordpress. @.@ ah well....

    I actually ready about this product on another blog yesterday (which is surprising haha)I am a sucker for masks and i'm considering trying this lol

    ooo if you want to get rid of blackheads, skinmiso has a freakishly amazing product ._. I blogged about it a few days ago, but you can order it from wishtrend.net if you want to give it a try.

    Glad you liked the mask :D Wow that's very inexpensive for a mask pack o.o will try now! haha Why is everything cheaper in the US? O___o i've never understood that. @___@

    -Jae
    aleume.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete