October 27, 2012

Illamasqua Pure Pigment - Swatches & Review


"Made to be played with. A metallic, high-shine, pure-colour powder that highlights eyes, cheeks and brows. Mix with eye shadow, blusher or use it on its own to intense effect. Bring out your bold side." - Illamasqua.com
Packaging: In terms of aesthetics, I love it. It's different and unique. However, in terms of practicality, I do get scared I'm going to drop the box and have it spill everywhere since it's a bit difficult to lift the lid off. #firstworldproblems 

Product: These pigments are super glittery. Expect fallout as with any loose pigment. These are long-lasting and true to color - except for Static. It looks white in it's pot but when applied it's actually a pinky-purple glitter. There isn't a wide range of colors for them but I do think most if not all of their shades are generally 'safe' colors (without being natural) that complement most skin tones. There are in total 11 colors available and I've luckily managed to get my hands on 6 of them.

Swatches

All swatches on the left include the pure pigment with no primer. 
All swatches on the right include the pure pigment mixed in with Illamasqua's sealing gel.

Static - Iridescent Pink/Silver
Incite - Warm Gold Shimmer
 Ore - Rich Russet Bronze
 Android - Shimmering Charcoal Black
Alluvium - Iridescent Midnight Blue
 Chasm - Golden Turquoise Shimmer

PriceThe pot costs £15.50 (approximately $25). It's expensive and on top of that you get only 1.3g as well for this product (So the price per 10g is a whopping £119.23). Having said that, I still have yet to get anywhere close to finishing up a single one of these. There's probably a reasonable amount of product in it, it's just really light and it's pigmented enough that you don't need to add layers for color. Lastly, Illamasqua do have sales on often enough for you to get the product for less. You can also get a 10% reduction from your 3rd order & onwards on their website.


My favorite colors out of the six are definitely Static, Android and Ore. Which is unusual for me as I generally prefer 'crazy' colors. 

Product Rating: 3.5 / 5

 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful swatches, Illamasqua products always catch my eye!

    x Ellie @ Ellalogy 

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGGG i want Chasm & Alluvium

    x


    - Nora
    http://makeupbynora.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! That makeup looks like great fun to play with!! :O
    Dropping by from the blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Gorgeous! I love Illamasqua! I love all the colors. So so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm starting to really get into shadows >.< these look so so neat and i love how the sifter is larger so it makes the powder easier to sort through.

    eeeep ._. it wouldn't be nice if powder went everywhere...

    Wow... that sealing gel you have— i need that ._.
    @.@ jesus those are expensive.
    i just found this company called madison street beauty. their eyeshadows are to die for. you must try and they have an awesome sale right now o.o $1.00 to try anything...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! You must have the BEST makeup stash around!!

    Thanks for linking up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party :)

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these pigments are amazing !! I wish I was more adventurous with my makeup. I always go for nude colours, but that;s what suits me :-)
    Head over to my blog hop!
    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pigments are so beautiful, I currently own three shades: Static, Ore and Feverent, by far the best pigments I have tried and this review makes me want more!
    http://voguebeach.blogspot.co.uk/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy4BMxDhHq69ZRzfll0SYwA/videos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now have two more shades and have considered doing a revisited post on them with better swatches and with a more indepth review. They are beautiful though <3

      Delete