October 29, 2012

Bird Makeup Series - Kingfisher


So today we have my last bird inspired makeup look which is based on the Kingfisher. They are very bright birds with an orange and blue colored combination. I've mostly used makeup geek eyeshadows which I received a while ago. When I first received the eyeshadows, I put up some quick swatches, expect a more in-depth review on them sometime soon. 



This look was more difficult to pull off than I expected. I struggled to apply the white dots, who would have thought something like that would be so tricky. Also, trying to find an appropriate lipstick color and clothes gear that wouldn't clash with the colors so much. For the lipstick, I ended up dabbing some of the orange eyeshadow onto the lips for the orange color. Oh well, as the last bird in my bird series, what are your thoughts?


Products Used

Eyes
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
Makeup Geek Pressed Eyeshadow in Poolside, Sea Mist, Corrupt, Razzleberry, & Peacock
Illamasqua Precision Ink in Scribe & Abyss
Illamasqua Blink Eyeshadow (Empower Palette)
YSL Mascara

Lips
Illamasqua lipstick in Over
Illamasqua Illuminator in Odyssey
Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Razzleberry

Face
Illamasqua Skin Base No 9
Illamasqua Powdered Metal in Thalia
Clinique Superbalance Powder 6

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! You have amazing talent with eyeshadows! :)

    http://skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;A; oh please not your last one! these are so so pretty. i love them ;~;
    They're such amazing inspiration. I love the dots :3 they do kinda seem hard. I would have used paint XD
    The lip color is nice though. Good idea to add eyeshadow to it!

    -Jae
    aleume.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    New follower from the blog hop please come follow me back :)
    http://lifewithtwinsandadramaqueen.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh what a cute idea - it looks awesome
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooper kool!!! Hey I hv an award waiting for you on my blog...do collect it here http://beautyaccessorized.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete