September 10, 2012

Liebster Blog Award x 6

I've been awarded this award 6 times in the last month or so. I figured I'd finally get around to writing this up. The following lovely people have nominated me for this blog:

Tyler @ http://itsmylifegogetyourown.blogspot.com 
 Laura @ http://pinkparadisebeauty.blogspot.com
Jayme's @ http://youngmumsguidetosurvival.blogspot.com.au/ 
Victoria @ http://toritherebelangel.blogspot.com
"The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome."

The Rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.

2. Answer the questions that the person who tagged you created and then make 11 questions of your own for the people you tag.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!

11 things about myself:
  1. I used to be a bit of a tomboy as a kid.
  2. My makeup addiction began in summer 2010. 
  3. I one day hope to create a well balanced yet kick ass super-heroine. 
  4. I'd also like to create a graphic novel.
  5. I've lived most of my life in Dubai.
  6. Ever since I've watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes, my favorite animal has been orangutans. 
  7. I'm stereotyped as a mosher. 
  8. I dont drink or do drugs. I'M A GOOD GIRL. 
  9. I believe that people who identify as a *insert music related subculture here* aren't interesting. [Just because you listening to interesting/awesome music, doesn't mean you are.] Harsh. I know.
  10. I never did the whole dress up for halloween until uni. [Also no, no slutteh/'sec(c)' costumes] Now I want ALL OF THE DORKY COSTUMES.
  11. I'm obsessed with Batman & I hope to one day build my own Tumbler รก la Christopher Nolan's Batmobile.
Questions from Tyler of http://itsmylifegogetyourown.blogspot.com 
1. Would you like to live somewhere other than you do now?
Definitely. Dubai has been home for many many years. I'm bored of it now. One day I'll move elsewhere.
2. Do you carry a purse? If so, how big is it?
Kinda? I try to make it as small as possible and loathe big giant handbags as I find them impractical. All I need to fit in it is a wallet & phone.
3. What inspired you to start blogging?
Other blogs & my makeup addiction.
4. If you could only wear one pair of shoes, which would you wear?
My boots. My stompy boots. 

5. What is your favorite TV show?
Currently - Game of Thrones
6. Do you enjoy reading? If so, what is your favorite book?
Aye, comic books lots of comic books, Sandman series, The Long Halloween & I Am Legend
7. Do you have any pets?
No - anytime an animal comes in our house, they die. Doh!
8. What is your favorite song?
I don't have a favorite song. There are too many decent bands out there. However, Vampira by Devin Townsend is currently my most played song on my iTunes playlist.

9. Do you enjoy wearing heels?
No. They're impractical but they 'shrink' your bottom, hence the only reason i wear them.
10. What is your favorite color?
Turquoise or Purple definitely.
11. What is your favorite beauty item?
Currently, I'm still having my mind blown by Illamasqua's skin base foundation.

My 11 Questions from Laura of http://pinkparadisebeauty.blogspot.com

1. Who is your blog role model?
I don't have one o.O
2. What celebrity inspires you?
Also...nobody X_x Not really being into general 
3. What is your favourite nail polish brand?
Illamasqua polishes are definitely my favorite. Check out some Illamasqua Nail Polish Swatches
4. What is your favourite colour?
Definitely somewhere between turquoise and purple.
5. What is your most worn item of clothing?
My boots & my biker gloves. Most definitely.
6. What three beauty products could you not live without?
I'm going to be stereotypical and say eyeliner, also foundation and ein lip product of some sort.
7. What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
Don't take yourself too seriously, nobody else ever will.
8. What are your goals in life?
Short and sweet: Learn & be happy.
9. What is your favourite fruit and vegetable?
Banana (although technically its neither - so alternatively strawberries). Favorite vegetable, probably carrots.
10. What is your favourite past time?
Reading (does blogging count? O.o)
11. What drugstore makeup brand do you love the most and why?
Sleek Makeup as they have lots of decent products and have super colorful eyeshadows. 

So, here are Jayme's of http://youngmumsguidetosurvival.blogspot.com.au/ questions

1. Why do you love blogging?
It gives the opportunity to be more creative with my makeup.
2. If you could bring one person back to life, who would it be and why?
Tolkien, so he could actually watch the films based on his books. (& hear what his thoughts were)
3. What is your life long goal/s?
I'm not keen on being precise. Learn & be happy.
4. What is the most embarrassing thing you have done in public?
Probably fallen in heels.
5. What is your all time favorite  movie?
Toughie. I'll say Kick Ass as I just think its a real fun movie.
6. What is the most thrilling thing you have ever done?
Maybe getting over fear of roller coasters. That & motor racing.
7. What piece of technology couldn't you live without?
Internet/Laptop
8. What is your biggest fear?
Ooh. Personal. I'd say: 
9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
If I could live anywhere, I'd change places all the time probably. Somewhere city like, in a fancy pants apartment with lots of life would be ideal though.10. Do you have any hobbies other than blogging?
Hurr durr. Jogging. Reading, Photography, Gigs, Motor Sports, Gaming. 11. Celebrity crush?
Chris Hemsworth out of Thor or Khal Drogo off of Game of Thrones. Admittedly, I do think Kat Dennings out of 3 Broke Girls is quite pretteh too. 

Now for Victoria of http://toritherebelangel.blogspot.com questions:
  1. What's your favorite color? Turquoise & Purple
  2. What do you do in your spare time? Blog, Read, Jog, Laze in front of tv.
  3. What's your favorite thing about being a blogger? Being able to go through looks I've done & learn mistakes/see how I can improve.
  4. What's your idea of the "Best Day Ever"? A day with people I care about, gaming & adventure. 
  5. What's your favorite make-up brand? Illamasqua, Sugarpill, Inglot & Make Up For Ever
  6. Where you you love to live? Maybe England, due to making lots of friends there.
  7. What's your favorite eyeliner? Gel or liquid liner. Not entirely sure which one yet. 
  8. If you could drink one thing for the rest of your life what would it be? Water - I'm boring this way yes.
  9. Are you an animal lover? Yes. If I could have a baby anything, it'd be a baby orangutan.
  10. What's your favorite trend? Studs. Definitely Studs. STUD ALL THE THINGS!
  11. What's your Dream Job? Marketing Coordinator for a cosmetic related company.


 Questions from Lauren of http://laurenschroer.blogspot.ca
[Note above image was created by Lauren herself]
1. What is your favourite tv show?
Game of Thrones & Adventure Time
2. Do you prefer to wear pants or dresses?
Dresses recently as it makes me feel like a girl? & I used to be a massive tom boy.
3. What is your favourite food?
Sushi. Ice Cream. 
4. What website(s) do you visit most?
My top 3 are Facebook, Pinterest & the mary sue
5. Who is your favourite singer/band?
Devin Townsend, Paradise Lost, Type O Negative - I can't list just one single band/artist. X_x
6. If you could re-live any moment in your life, what would it be?
Reliving moments are for people who regret the past? Maybe  high school as I'm not unconfident as I was or alternatively random bits from uni to stop myself from wasting time with a few morons.
7. If you could meet any person, dead or alive, who would it be?
Writers, definitely writers: Neil Gaiman/Alan Moore/Grant Morrison/Paul Dini / George R R Martin.
Hmm George Takei since he's a funnee gai also cast of GoT. 
8. What's your favourite season?
Winter in Dubai, Spring in England.
9. What is your favourite quote?
I'm Batman
10. What is the last book you read?
Hunger Games - now reading Catching Fire
11. What's your favourite thing to do?
Chill out, play video games with mates and suffer from game raging.

1. What is your one "must have" makeup product?
Decent foundation/Eyeliner.
2. How did you get started being into makeup?
I was bored one summer and stumbled across makeupgeek.com Then the obsession began.
3. From which collection are you most excited to launch for fall?
Illamasqua Generation Q
4. Who is your favourite fashion designer?
I genuinely have none. Favorite trends/styles would be things with studs, band tees & band patches.
5. What was your dream job when you were little?
A detective. Now I'm too paranoid one day someone will try and murder me in my sleep one day to be one.
6. What is your favourite kind of music and why?
Metal. It's just what I've been into for many years. Woo being aggressive? O.o
7. What is your favourite season and why?
Depends where I am. Here, Winter as I can walk outside without having my face melt. In England, Spring time as the weather becomes bearable xD
8. Which makeup brand (high end and drugstore) is your all time favourite and why?
Illamasqua, undoubtedly, I love their brand image, the creative makeup they do & the fact that the founder is a goth lady is a plus. Also I love their products as well. If indie labels count, Sugarpill Cosmetics.
9. If you could live to another country, other than the one you're living at right now, which would it be and why?
England as I have several decent friends there & someone very spesh to me lives there too. 
10. Share with us a hidden talent of yours.
I spin fire? I'm not especially great though.
11. How did the name of your blog came about?
Anytime I introduce myself to people I tell them Mishkat so think Mish mreow. 


Up to 11 nominations:
Rhiannon & Rachel @ http://rhiandrach.blogspot.com/
The Polished Mommy @ http://www.thepolishedmommy.com
 MakeupFetish @ http://makeupfetishox.blogspot.com/

My 11 Questions are:

1] How did you get into makeup/nail art?
2] What are your hobbies outside of makeup/nail art?
3] What's one of the most unusual things you'd like to do before you die?
4] If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
5] What was your dream job as a child?
6] What is your dream job now?
7] What's a deal breaker when it comes to dating?
8] Do you tell your friends about your blog?
9] If you could have any superpower what would it be?
10] What is one of the most useful lessons you've learned in life?
11] What is your favorite read? (as in what book/magazine/comic etc)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your award!

    I'm a new follower via the blog hop, looking forward to reading more ^__^

    Heather xx

    ~+ The Glambulance +~

    ReplyDelete