September 20, 2012

Illamasqua Generation Q - II - Eyes



Illamasqua Empower Palette

"Expertly crafted, each new Illamasqua palette features a combination of shades to speak for every age, skin tone or personality, allowing you to create bespoke looks that ensure all eyes are on you.

Use the iridescent shimmers under the brow bone, in the inner corner of the eye or centre of the eyelid to illuminate and widen your eyes. Combine with a smoky definiton across the socket line, building at the outer corners, to create intrigue and mystery." - Illamasqua Artist Tips

I love this palette. I didn't expect to care for any of the new palettes as I considered them to be normal colors but I fell in love once the counter lady applied these on me. In the end I figured I'd purchase this as it would be something I could throw in my makeup bag for work as I probably shouldn't be going around in crazy bright colored shadows. 

Pricing: Dhs 205 / £34 - It's pricey, definitely. You can get a 10% discount by registering on the Illamasqua website and only from your third order onwards. (For some reason, it's not available for shipping to the states though =/) I was genuinely quite happy with the price. From a mid-high end brand, the price is reasonable especially as it's definitely a palette I can see myself using daily for work. 

I swatched these from lightest to darkest:
Synth, Blink, Fervent & Slick

Here's the eye makeup done by the counter lade instore - twas done rather quick and she just threw it on top of the makeup I was wearing, twas a bit messy but I genuinely thought it was pretty alright.


You can see Illamasqua's precision ink in Wisdom in this. The antique gold eyeliner was actually much prettier than I expected it to be. Had I the extra cash, I most definitely would have ended up buying this one.

Durability: The lady working at the Illamasqua counter applied this look on my face with no eyeshadow primer. I didn't get around to washing the makeup off until around 1 AM and the liquid metal color was still there. The light eyeshadow color was the first to go but it lasted a decent 4 hours before fading in this heat.

As promised, here's a look of the day - It's pretty unexciting compared to the normal colorful looks, sorry.


1 comment: