Saturday, September 22, 2012

Dupe Alert: Benefit Brow zings & Sleek Makeup Brow Kit

So I recently reviewed Benefit's Brow Zings after receiving it as a freebie from my mum. Two weeks later, I stumbled upon an image of Sleek Makeups Eyebrow Kit. I don't want to steal someone else's picture of  Sleek Makeup's product so I'm using general product photos of them:
Similarities
I'm going to guess that the two were probably originally made in the same factory or something as they're both so gosh darn similar externally. They both even offer the exact same brushes and tweezers. 

Differences
The only noticable differences to me was the brand logo on the brushes and tweezers along with the design cover on the products. You should note that Benefit offers three different colors while Sleek offers two.

Unknown
I can't compare the quality of the two nor can I say whether or not the two use the exact same formula or product. So it's a risk you'll have to take but other reviews and people have said they're quite happy with it.

Prices
Benefit's Brow Zings will cost you $30 (approx £18.50) 
Sleek Makeup's Brow Kit is only $10.99 (a little less than £7)

I'm glad I wasn't the one who spent my cash on the Benefit brow kit, I figure I'd definitely end up at least trying out Sleek's brow kit once I've finished with Benefit's Brow Zings. 

6 comments:

  1. ahh they look so similar, crazy! katblogsyeah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the Sleek brow kit and I absolutely adore, I wouldn't even try the benefit browzings because I have no reason too, the sleek one is fabulous :)

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear. I'll definitely switch to the Sleek one :3

      Delete
  3. Those are pretty colors!

    http://eternal-simplicity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sleek one is so awesome! Definitely a dupe ^^ I have dark brows though so it's not dark enough for me unfortunately :( you have a lovely blog as well btw!

    Biancarosa
    xoxo

    http://beancah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :3 And fair enough, I don't know which shades Sleek has but the benefit one is pretty dark. Maybe just use your own darker shadow to apply on top?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...