August 31, 2012

Brave Inspired LOTD


So today's look is (admittedly) loosely based on Pixar's new film Brave which I'd only just been able to see this week...twice. I found it surprisingly enjoyable and it wasn't quite as adventurey as I had imagined. I do like how Merida is the first Disney Princess without a prince or love interest of any sort. It was refreshing, that along with the fact that she's a Disney Princess with a Mother that is still alive/speaks more than the odd line or two.


I need to start taking pictures in natural lighting more. Apologies.


I tried to add a gingery color at first but I found that the color would always be too brown, too red or too orange. I found it ridiculously difficult to create a ginger color, despite owning seemingly ALL of the color eyeshadows imaginable.


Products used
Face
Illamasqua Skin Base No 9
Clinique Superbalanced Makeup No 4
Illamasqua Blush in Ambition

Lips
Make Up For Ever Rouge Artiste Natural N19 Iridescent Icy Pink

Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
MakeUp Geek Eyeshadow in Poolside 
Sephora blue eyeliner
Inglot AMC Pigment in 71
MakeUp Geek Eyeshadow in Peacock
Inglot Eyeshadows in Pearl 405 & AMC Shine 30
Sugarpill Goldilux
Eyebrow Cake
Illamasqua S.O.P.H.I.E Pencil
Makeup For Ever Glitter
Illamasqua Precision Ink in Abyss
Lancome Hypnose Drama

7 comments:

  1. Really like the blue colour!
    I can't wait to see Brave.
    Charlotte

    http://pigsflytothemoon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said, I quite liked it & I went in with meh expectations but a few others with high expectations were pretty disappointed. Just be careful xD And thanks :3 I used poolside over milk and the blue sephora eyeliner.

      Delete
  2. the blue is lovely on you

    xo

    http://abullettothehead.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sparkly and blue! And pretty, too. ;]

    ReplyDelete