September 04, 2012

Bold Brows with Benefit's Brow Zings


My latest hand me down from my mum (hence why it's in poor shape) is Benefit's Brow Zings Eyebrow & Shaping Kit. 

Good for: Bold Brows

The Brand
Benefit was founded by the Ford twins and Jean Ford's pair of daughters as an awesome foursome. I have not tried any of Benefit's products prior to this but I have seen their counters plenty of times in store filled with their eye-catching creative packaged cosmetics. As I'm not really a massive product junkie and prefer to stick to things that I know work well for me, I don't really experiment, however this was given to me and I'm quite happy it has. Benefit's basic motto seems to be "Laughter is the best cosmetic, so grin and wear it!"

The first thing I noticed was the packaging, it's quite attractive especially for an eyebrow product. It comes with brushes and tweezers so it's very practical for just throwing into your bag. It also came with a mini tutorial on how to use the products as shown below:


Here's an idea of the difference of just applying eyebrow gel and applying both the gel and the powder:

 Left: Eyebrow gel applied only
Right: Eyebrow gel with powder

Here's an idea of just how bold it can make your brows look (Pardon my O_O poker face):

I was really happy with the product. I was so sure that whilst I was outside that my eyebrows would have been dripping but when I looked in the mirror at home I was pleased to find it was all still perfectly set in place. It's very long lasting.

One potential downside is that it takes time to apply. I rushed it personally as I was late for an appointment, you have to shape your brows with the eyebrow gel and even adding the powder takes a while with the tiny brush. It's not especially inconvenient, it's just extra minutes lost to applying makeup. 

Pricing: The price for this is rather steep. You can buy this for £22.50. However consider the fact that it comes with brushes and tweezers and it seems better value for money. 

7 comments:

  1. Wow that is bold! :D would be good for an old Hollywood look

    <3
    Http://indefinitestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bold eyebrows!! PS. I'd love it if you could come visit my blog and follow me if you like it!! :)

    -Stephanie
    @LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. benefit products are always fantastic, I love the little diagrams they include as well showing exactly how to apply the product x

    www.staceykane1988.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said, it's my first Benefit product & I'm really quite fond of it already. The diagrams are pretty useful.

      Delete
  4. My sister has this product (in a lighter version I think) and I always secretly steal it from her :P I love the mini brushes and the tweezers it provides as well!

    P.S: Love the red lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they do 3 different shades, I believe mines is the darkest one & thanks!

      Delete
  5. Hi! I'm a new follower from the blog hop! Come visit me whenever you get a chance! :)

    xoxo ♥ Shar
    http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete