August 02, 2012

Lush Emotional Brilliance - Feeling Secure


Lush released these products as part of their new Emotional Brilliance line. There are around 30 different colors to chose from. The original idea is that you spin a wheel with all of the colors and choose 3 that pops out to you quickly. Each color is meant to signifiy a strength/weakness, your aspiration and your subconscious. 

The packaging kind of reminds me of the Disney Alice in Wonderland 'Drink Me' bottle. Each bottle is pretty pricey, but you get 5g of product. The product is also reaonably long lasting and is Vegan friendly.


These products are versatile and can be used as either lipgloss, mascara or eyeliner/eyeshadow and so you can chose 3 different brushes, I chose the eyeliner brush but you can still use it whatever way you like with your own brushes.


It seemed to work great as an eyeliner, however I found it funny as a lipstick as if I just pressed my lips part of the color would instantaneously rub off.


Note: I had a bit of a weird stain/reaction with the product. Its pretty light but its still there, I'm not sure if it just stained a bit and it looks a bit red to me or if it actually had a bad reaction with my skin. It did feel somewhat tingly on my lips, I wouldn't recommend applying it there for future use though.

Swatch Comparisons

I do really like the purpleness of Feeling Secure. It's so PURPLE. Honestly, I've searched around for a really purple eyeliner before but this is the only one that I felt was the perfect shade. Here are a few swatches for comparison:

Left to Right: Lush's Feeling Secure, MUFE Aqua Liner #8, Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Lust, Urban Decay Shadow pencil in Delinquent, Inglot Eyeliner Gel 73 and Illamasqua's cream pigment in Dab

As above: Lush, MUFE, UD 24/7 liner, UD Shadow pencil, Inglot & Illamasqua

Pros: Longlasting, Versatile, Lots of Product, Range of Colors, High Pigmentation
Cons: Pricey, Stains/Potential Skin Reaction & could be more versatile
Overall Rating: 4 / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment