August 04, 2012

Illamaqua Skin Base Foundation Review


A month or so ago I finally purchased Illamasqua's skin base foundation in one of my hauls. After a month of wear, I've finally decided to give my honest review of it.

Packaging: I do like Illamasqua's unique packaging in general. It's nice to have a squeeze tube to prevent spillage over the usual foundation bottles. However, I imagine it can be somewhat tricky to get product out when the bottle nears empty. The product description is on the back of the tube.

"This easily blendable formula effortlessly creates a perfect complexion. Suitable for all skin types, it smoothes, softens and conditions your skin while providing natural, buildable coverage. The ultimate 'skin realism' foundation."

Product: The coverage is really good. I haven't had much experiences with different foundations. My previous one which I stuck to for ages never seemed to give enough coverage unless I really applied a lot of product on my face. This coverage is buildable, so if your first layer doesn't quite do it for you, you can always build up on it. The texture is a bit thick but can be applied around your face if you work at it. Here is an idea of what the coverage is like:

         No Product                                                Skin Base Foundation

Foundation with powder

Price: The product is quite pricey. You get 30ml of product for £25 quid, which is nearly $40. However as my previous foundation which didnt really cover up as well cost only a few quid less, I was quite happy to pay the extra 4 pounds for a foundation that covers up the skin quite well. I suppose whether you actually go for this product would depend on the state of your naked skin. Mines has some serious pigmentation and the product worked well on covering it. I've even stopped bothering to apply concealer when I apply makeup.

I believe I've found my new staple foundation.

Product Rating: 5 / 5

6 comments:

  1. The foundation looks really good on you. I'm almost done with my foundation I'm thinking about trying this one, so thank you for the post :)

    www.itsmeehlizie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. Do make sure to try it on instore and decide there if you definitely want to buy it or not. & make sure to experiment with the different shades. Let me know what happens!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for these high quality photos, they really give an idea what the texture is like. I'd been interested in this product since seeing Pixiwoo rave about it. I think it might be too thick for me, as my skin can get flaky easily and it seems thick foundations make it worse. But the coverage is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! I'm glad it helped. Wasn't too keen on putting up pictures of naked skin, but figured it'd help some people have an idea of what its like. Also if you're unsure, you could always just walk in and ask if you can try it on yourself. (Do bring in your own foundation just in case you find it really doesn't work out well for you.) Lemme know if you do try it on instore or something.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the great review! :) I've been thinking about getting this foundation for a while now and your pictures have convinced me that it would be a good investment.

    Have a nice day!
    /Noire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy the review helped. Do make sure to try out the shades in store, people at their counters are usually very friendly too.

      Delete