July 14, 2012

Sleek Makeup Ultra Mattes in Brights Palette Swatches

Colors from Left to Right:
Top Row: Chill, Pout, Sugarlite, Dragon Fly, Pucker, Bammi
Bottom Row: Cricket, Bolt, Strike, Floss, Crete, Pow!

I'm finally getting around to doing the second palette from my previous haul after reviewing Sleek Makeup's acid palette. This palette is available on the store website for £7.00. The colors, could have been better in my opinion. There are some pretty colors in here, but overall I think I prefer the acid palette. The main reason I even bought this set was because there was a 3 for 2 offer in Superdrug at the time and it was the only remaining one that looked interesting enough to buy. There was an alternate matte palette but they were pretty dull colors for me. 

No Primer
You can see how faded these are with no primer at all. The top row swatches were a bit faded as you may be able to see above. Though admittedly the green, blue and orange seemed to swatch reasonably well with nothing somehow. 

Urban Decay Primer Potion

The bottom row swatched much better than the first row. I found that Pout (first pink on top row), Sugarlite (purple) and Dragon Fly (green) were pretty chalky.

NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk

All of the colors worked out well on top of NYX's Jumbo pencil in Milk. As you can see each eyeshadow is  becomes much more true to the pan color this way.

I will put up some looks up next month using just this palette as I don't really have a lot of time this month to fiddle with looks and all that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment