May 14, 2012

Travel Diary - Cambridge

So, this weekend I had a day trip to Cambridge scheduled. It was so pretty, which wasn't what I was expecting. Here are some photo highlights:


 Punting | Bridge where certain scenes from Harry Potter was shot | One of the founders of CERN with others by one of the colleges | Cows, just hanging close to university grounds, it's so green and pretty!

The Corpus Clock

This was by far one of the most interesting things. The locust on top is called the chronophage, which means the time eater. The clock was one of the Time's Best Inventions of 2008. Taken from Wiki:
Conceived as a work of public art, the Chronophage reminds viewers in a dramatic way of the inevitable passing of time. Taylor deliberately designed it to be "terrifying": "Basically I view time as not on your side. He'll eat up every minute of your life, and as soon as one has gone he's salivating for the next." Others have described it as "hypnotically beautiful and deeply disturbing".
Overall, a fun trip definitely. The city is full of history and interesting stories! I'm glad I've gotten away to explore a bit more of the UK.

2 comments:

  1. ahhh so pretty!!! I wish I could go back to England! I miss it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be leaving soon since I'll be graduating soon, I know I will surely miss it and all of the people here. Hopefully in future, I will be revisiting you should do it some time too!

      Delete